I can’t hear through my headset

Discus and support I can’t hear through my headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a huo Ji headset that I could hear from fine just now I tried to use it but I can’t hear an I tried it on other devices and they worked I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CherAnayaHolman, Mar 25, 2023.

1. I can’t hear through my headset

I have a huo Ji headset that I could hear from fine just now I tried to use it but I can’t hear an I tried it on other devices and they worked I plugged it in my Xbox controller please help

:)

CherAnayaHolman, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to connect it to another controller and check if it will work? Thanks!
  3. CherAnayaHolman Win User

After plugging in my controller you can hear it connecting but still can’t hear anything
  4. Maehoney Win User

Splitscreen Party Chat

Ugh. Overall just so inconvenient. Yea i’m not going to bother if it’s because of gold or whatnot. everything i’ve read from older posts says xbox doesn’t support “local chat” and that only one headset/ mic per xbox. The only semi solution i’ve found is just connecting my headset to my phone and joining the party through the xbox app. not as bad as a lag as discord, seems pretty good just can’t hear game audio though my headset anymore which sucks too but ig i just have to choose between that or my partner on what i can’t hear through the headset.

I give up but good luck to ya. Maybe they will respond or fix it one day 🤷‍♀️
  5. Francia J. Win User

Can hear but can’t talk through headset

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

If everything is on "Allow" or set to "Everyone" kindly block all of them then power cycle your console and "Allow" and set it to "Everyone" again. This is to refresh your account setting.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Also, kindly try using a different controller or update your controller.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Can hear through headset but can’t talk

Hi JeffreysGOLD, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, run the audio setup tool.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.

Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound
Thema:

1. I can’t hear through my headset - Similar Threads - can’t hear through

2. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  3. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  4. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...: I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work...
  5. Can hear but can’t talk through headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can hear but can’t talk through headset: Recently I haven’t been able to talk to anyone through my headset but I could still hear out of the headset I even bought a new headset but nothing changed and I still can’t talk to people can you...
  6. Can’t hear voices on war-zone through headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t hear voices on war-zone through headset.: I can hear everything else. But no voice chat or the guy talking to you through the game. “Enemies dropping in” Yano that guy lol. Since I updated Iv had this problem. I have gone onto audio and...
  7. I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak.: When i got my xbox i used a headset I got from walmart and it was fine until i started having the issue stated above. Thinking it was the headset, i ordered a Razer Kraken for console and plugged...
  8. I can hear players but they can’t hear me through headset mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear players but they can’t hear me through headset mic: Hi. We have tried an Xbox headset as well as the lucid sound LSX 10 headset and have the same problem with both. Can hear players, but cant speak to them. We have updated the xbox, and have...
  9. I can hear but I can’t talk through my Xbox One Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but I can’t talk through my Xbox One Mic: So I need some help.The other day i was just gonna hop on and play around with my friends on fortnite and cod but i soon realized i couldn’t talk. I could hear perfectly fine but i just couldn’t...
  10. I can hear but can’t be heard through chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but can’t be heard through chat: when I plug in my working headset (I’ve tested it on my phone and computer) I can hear, but cannot be heard. I have power cycled my Xbox and tried different controllers and headsets and still...