I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip

Discus and support I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to make a Minecraft YouTube series from my Xbox One with my mic audio in it, but when I made a test video I couldn't hear myself, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by superscooper123, Apr 2, 2019.

1. I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip

Hi, I'm trying to make a Minecraft YouTube series from my Xbox One with my mic audio in it, but when I made a test video I couldn't hear myself, I could only hear the game audio. I tried messing with the mic volume and the audio and capture options, but
    nothing seemed to work. I was recording from an external USB drive, it was formatted correctly, and it was brand new (drive info: Samsung 30gb drive, USB 3.2). My headset works perfectly fine for everything else though, like party chats (it's also brand new).
    Can you please tell me if this is even supposed to work, and if so, how to make it work.

Thanks

:)

superscooper123, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Atherza Win User

Hey there, like LegoNinja has said, this isn't actually a feature.
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

As far as I know, it is normal for mic audio to not be included in recordings done through the Xbox.

One of the ways I get around this, is I stream to Mixer, and then download the stream to my PC, edit said stream, then upload to youtube.

You can also use stream labs OBS to record, but I haven't tested that feature myself yet.
  4. Efful Win User

Why is the Xbox App Broken Since the Last Update?

Is it playing static on your end or your friends? When I join a friends party they say they hear a weed Wacker sound coming from my mic and can't hear anything I say to them
  5. Gandhis Return Win User

Xbox one mic not working

My issue is that I can't hear anything from the headset. The mic's working alright and the Orange light comes on when I click the button. No sound when I click the volume up and down though and no sound from chats. It was working just yesterday and after
    a night it wasn't.
  6. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Early Xbox One Turtle Beach buyers...

I simply can't hear myself when I am gaming, if I am sat at the dashboard and put the mic near my mouth an listen I can hear myself but only just on max volume, when I play a game the mic volume doesn't adjust for the game sound so I can't hear myself, hence
    no mic monitoring (and an unhappy happy family trying to sleep)
Thema:

1. I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip - Similar Threads - can't hear sound

2. I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.: Why can't I hear any sounds in my xbox but I can hear my party. I've tried using multiple different techniques and I've restarted my xbox in both ways, messed around with all the audio settings,...
  3. My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...: I can't hear my team mate and enemy steps also it almost seems as the speakers sounds are off I hear things coming from my left at and along of time it's. Off dc764487-28ea-4b88-9fbe-403a12f5afa1
  4. I can't hear anything in game, no sound effects, no nothing, other than other people's voice

in XboX Insiders
    I can't hear anything in game, no sound effects, no nothing, other than other people's voice: I'm going online one day, go play Fortnite, and while I'm chatting to people, I hop on a game with visual sound effects, and I realize, I can't hear anything. I checked the volume on my TV, it's...
  5. Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?: My missus likes to watch, listen to new games I play through the TV, while I wear a headset. Why has this feature been removed? On PS5/PS4 you're given the option if you want the sound muted...
  6. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  7. Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.: As title says. It's super annoying and happens onc every few minutes, have to unplug-replug the headset to fix the issue. Using an Elite 2 Controller and whichever test ring is needed for the...
  8. I can't hear any sound/audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear any sound/audio: For some reason I can't hear any audio on my Xbox. I can't hear any in-game audio and nothing when I'm listening to Spotify. But when I'm in a party with someone, I can hear them talk and talk to...
  9. Sound stops and party members can't hear me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound stops and party members can't hear me: hey all. I'm having problems. so i like playing through my laptop and sometimes I have no problem with the sound, though the sound will randomly go away and stay silent. when I'm in a party, the...
  10. Can't hear some in game sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear some in game sound: i can hear music and cars but I can't hear the guy that introduces you to the game and explains everything.I can guess what to do its self explanetory but sucks I can't hear what he is explaining...