I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3

Discus and support I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; No cross play chat setting or cross play options either on setting Checked all setting and internet setting. Changed headset and still no luck. Also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mrsolll, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Mrsolll
    Mrsolll Guest

No cross play chat setting or cross play options either on setting

Checked all setting and internet setting. Changed headset and still no luck.

Also turned Xbox on and off including closing down the game still no luck.

I have 0 updates on my Xbox or on mw3 it’s fully updated.

PLEASE HELP!! Seems to just be Crossplay

:)

Mrsolll, Dec 14, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Mrsolll. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Does this issue only affect MW3? Have you tested any other online games to see if game chat works?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. HazelTomkins Win User

I can’t hear my game sounds and Xbox notifications when I have a headset on but can hear and talk on party chat fine?

All sliders up to max and can’t hear Xbox notifications or pings but can hear and speak on game chat perfectly
  4. RAYMOND HUTTON Win User

I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I can no dramas

After reinstalling the game for another issue I then had no in game voice comms. I checked and rechecked all my settings and confirmed all ok.

Hold down Xbox power button for 10 seconds to power it down completely. Leave for 10 seconds then restart the console. Start the game boot up headset and bob’s your uncle and Fanny is your aunt…. It worked!
  5. Anonymous l1 Win User

I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I can no dramas

Go to your Internet settings then go to advanced settings from there reset your alternate Mac address and it should tell you to restart your console or cancel, you should restart your console from the prompt. It worked for me.
  6. BromptonSpade Win User

aaaaand did not work it has to be something with the game its self
Thema:

1. I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 - Similar Threads - can’t hear speak

2. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  3. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  4. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  5. I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?: So I ran into a very specific issue with my party chat. So the initial issue was that when my console lost power via moving it or power going out etc when the console was turned back on it would...
  6. My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?: We have Xbox one and playing fortnight, 1. I got new headphones ‘Turtle beach Recon’ and 2. enabled the voice chat with friends only 3. Enabled ‘Push on talk’ while configuring the Push on...
  7. I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I...: can’t hear or speak on game chat on Xbox X on cod mw3 but if I go party chat on Xbox I can no dramas No cross play chat setting or cross play options either on setting...
  8. I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak.: When i got my xbox i used a headset I got from walmart and it was fine until i started having the issue stated above. Thinking it was the headset, i ordered a Razer Kraken for console and plugged...
  9. I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem): Yesterday i turned on my xbox and i found myself unable to talk through the mic but able to hear sound and other people. I tried the headset with another controller and it wroked fine. How do i...
  10. I can hear but I can’t speak

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can hear but I can’t speak: I’m having problems with being able to speak to anyone on my xbox one. I’ve tried two controllers to see if my controller is at fault, which it is not. My mic deffo works because i’ve used it to...