I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why

Discus and support I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant hear or speak on game chat any idea why 6caa072e-ab62-44bb-9fa9-a49847433d5f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jason edmeades, Sep 29, 2023.

1. I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why

I cant hear or speak on game chat any idea why

:)

jason edmeades, Sep 29, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Here is how to use game chat. You can try follow these procedures and see if it helps with your query. Double-click on a friend's gamertag to start a conversation, or right-click for advanced options (invite them to a game, view their profile, and more). To start a group chat, double-click on a friend's gamertag to start a conversation, select Add someone, choose the friends you want to invite, and then press Done.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/use-xbox-game-bar-to-play-and-chat-with-friends#:~:text=Double%2Dclick%20on%20a%20friend's,invite%2C%20and%20then%20press%20Done.

I hope this helps resolve your query. Happy Gaming.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Is this happening for all games/apps or specific games/apps?

If your device is a Microsoft device, you can register it and have it set up for repairs. Otherwise you may have to contact the retailor where you purchase your device from.
  4. jason edmeades Win User

It's not party chat that is fine it's in game chat that is not working
  5. yo BeatBox Win User

Opened ports/Open NAT cant hear in game chat

any more ideas? i tried this 3 times and still cant hear anyone or see mics moving in game chat
  6. Senpai Greg Win User

Need Help Fixing Chat!!!

That was the first thing a checked was NAT. The reason I'm lost is in game chat for example I can hear him but he cant hear me but when I check with other players within the lobby they could hear us both. I cant for the life of me figure out why this is
    happening. Normally I would just go to Skype as I do with most games but I like being in game chat when playing bf4. I don't understand how this is possible.
Thema:

1. I cant hear or speak on game chat for some reason any idea why - Similar Threads - cant hear speak

2. When i am on discord on my xbox series x. I cant hear people threw proximity chat. How can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i am on discord on my xbox series x. I cant hear people threw proximity chat. How can...: Tried all my settings, in every game it is not working. While proximity chat is ON bf73b702-d5a0-4488-9968-c7e88a251080
  3. Cant hear party they hear me fine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant hear party they hear me fine: No matter if im on series s, on the windows app or my ios xbox app i cant hear party chat, the party can hear me fine i just cant hear them. Tested headset its fine, checked chat mixer its good,...
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. I cant hear any game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant hear any game audio: I have a headset plugged into my controller but can only hear party chat and game chat, nothing else, how can i fix it? 853149ce-41f5-48e1-b06f-db91ba7d086b
  7. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  8. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  9. Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overwatch- Xbox- Mic Issues. Can hear team chat but cant speak: I have the following XBOX gaming console and mic'd headphones. Mic was working then stopped. I can plug it into the controller and hear game/people in team chat but when I speak people cant hear...
  10. I can hear but cant speak through my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but cant speak through my headset: im using a logitech g430 headset and i can hear but i cant speak. My xbox recognizes that i have a headset plugged in but it doesnt register me speaking. Ive replaced the headset, adapter,...