I can't hear my game

Discus and support I can't hear my game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason my earbuds are not working they work fine on my phone but when it's in the controller the slider is at the party chat and I can't move... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Logan Pangborn, May 18, 2023.

1. I can't hear my game

For some reason my earbuds are not working they work fine on my phone but when it's in the controller the slider is at the party chat and I can't move it.

:)

Logan Pangborn, May 18, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I can't hear my game

Hey Logan!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help. If I may ask, have you tried a different controller to see if the earbuds device works? If not, kindly try a different controller device for us to further isolate the issue.

Also, kindly check your NAT type status on your console, here's how:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.

You need your NAT type to be Open to resolve this issue. You also want to be sure there are no errors such as Double NAT detected or UPnP not successfully displayed.

Please take your time and let me know the results.

Reference links:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. wi7bit Win User

I can hear my friends but they can't hear me.

Hi SlinkDinkJay

What model headset is it? I had the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 (gen1) and they decided to stop picking up my mic. Even tried using Bluetooth on my phone and record a memo but got the same result, so I knew it wasn't the console.

Manufacture asked me to reset it using the Audio app on the PC, which I did. It worked for a while but stopped again.

Luckily, I had a three-year warranty, so I returned them and got the Stealth 600 (gen 2).

Hope that helps.
  4. TheDuck8283 Win User

I can hear my friends but they can't hear me.

Try these steps:

* Connect your headset to the Turtle Beach Audio Hub to update

* Charge your headset

* Update your controller.

Please let me know if this helps!
  5. John_PDH Win User

I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.

Found out it was the headphone adapter that connected the sound and microphone together, thanks for the recommendation!
  6. Cliff A. Win User

I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.

Hi John Patrick Harris

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

I can't hear my game

1. I can't hear my game - Similar Threads - can't hear game

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  4. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  5. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  6. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  7. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...
  8. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  9. I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat: I have had this problem for a year now and would like to know how to fix it I don't want to hear in game chat i just want to hear my friends and my game at the same time whilst being in a Xbox...
  10. I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...: I updated the controller but I still can't access the chat mixer, and I can't hear the game audio through the headset. What can I do? d9324c3d-587d-4c2f-b3ec-a0a336097b0a