I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

Discus and support I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nevada Tinsman, Aug 15, 2023.

1. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right ear cup volume is up and my left ear cup chat mixer is set in the middle. I've checked the game settings and my friends are not muted and in my xbox accessory settings everything is set to headset. If we make a party chat I can hear them just fine but with game chat my audio of their mics are muted. How do I fix this?

:)

Nevada Tinsman, Aug 15, 2023
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Head set

My headset only works in party chat. When I'm playing other games I can see that people are talking but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. It only works in party chat.
  3. MeridianWolf Win User

Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

Not game audio, game chat.

In settings, Xbox has an option to make party chat output go through your headset, headset and TV, or TV.

but that's only for party chat. i've always wondered why xbox can't do the same for in-game chat too?

With in game chat, if your headset is plugged in; game chat automatically goes to the headset, with no option to have it output through TV.

really sucks when you can't wear headsets, you can't play socially outside of parties. (in party chat; i use my headset mic, but have their voice output through my TV. game chat has no option to do this, you must wear your headset to hear teammates)
  4. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello ****** T,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Please try the following steps:

Try updating the wireless controller from https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller here.

If you have a stereo headset adapter, plug it into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.
    If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.
    On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.
    If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck
    Regards
  5. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

So, wireless headsets?

[quote user="RX Sean XI"]

@

That's why I would also like to know about receivers, as with my computer being able to use my wireless accessories with that receiver I can't see why the console can't.

[/quote]

Your receiver should work. meaning you can still hear through your headsets. but with no bluetooth support on Xbox One and incompatible chat connector you will not be able to chat or hear chat through your current headsets.
  6. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
Thema:

1. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why? - Similar Threads - can't hear game

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  4. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  5. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  6. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  7. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...
  8. I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat: I have had this problem for a year now and would like to know how to fix it I don't want to hear in game chat i just want to hear my friends and my game at the same time whilst being in a Xbox...
  9. I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...: I updated the controller but I still can't access the chat mixer, and I can't hear the game audio through the headset. What can I do? d9324c3d-587d-4c2f-b3ec-a0a336097b0a
  10. I can't hear my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear my game: For some reason my earbuds are not working they work fine on my phone but when it's in the controller the slider is at the party chat and I can't move it. 6421809e-e87f-4ee8-905c-1edc1d1838bf