I can't hear any sound/audio

Discus and support I can't hear any sound/audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason I can't hear any audio on my Xbox. I can't hear any in-game audio and nothing when I'm listening to Spotify. But when I'm in a party... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McLocky, Jan 1, 2020.

1. McLocky
    McLocky Guest

For some reason I can't hear any audio on my Xbox. I can't hear any in-game audio and nothing when I'm listening to Spotify. But when I'm in a party with someone, I can hear them talk and talk to them. Anyone know how to fix this?

PS: I have a headset plugged into my controller and I don't use a speaker for my monitor.

:)

McLocky, Jan 1, 2020
  2. C0MBAT DUKE Win User

Jeez, that would have been too easy, huh? Lol

So, here’s my last-stop recommendation: I would consider a full factory reset. I know it sounds like a pain, but all of your purchases are kept on the cloud, so your only pain will be re-downloading and installing your games or media. I had an issue with
    my movies syncing properly and this fixed it in the end. I know it sounds daunting, but the reset time may be faster than waiting for a perfect answer.

In case you need help with how to perform a factory reset, here’s a helpful link:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

I hope that helps!

Respectfully,

XBOX Ambassador
  3. McLocky Win User

I've watched this video earlier while trying to fix the audio problem, it did not help
  4. DJ WALT LOVE 2 Win User

Hi I've had that happen to.What I did was turn off my TV for a minute and then restart my Xbox and it was good.At some point you have to let your TV cool down.
  5. C0MBAT DUKE Win User

Hello!

That sounds frustrating! I’ve dealt with similar audio issues in the past and it always seems like a trial-and-error method of messing with the audio settings that kicks something loose. Without experiencing your issues first-hand, would this video help?:

https://youtu.be/zdN2s0la298

Let me know how it goes!

Respectfully,

XBOX Ambassador
  6. McLocky Win User

No, I cant hear any audio when I'm not using Spotify as well
Thema:

1. I can't hear any sound/audio - Similar Threads - can't hear sound

2. I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear sounds but I can hear my party and they can hear me.: Why can't I hear any sounds in my xbox but I can hear my party. I've tried using multiple different techniques and I've restarted my xbox in both ways, messed around with all the audio settings,...
  3. My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...: I can't hear my team mate and enemy steps also it almost seems as the speakers sounds are off I hear things coming from my left at and along of time it's. Off dc764487-28ea-4b88-9fbe-403a12f5afa1
  4. I can't hear anything in game, no sound effects, no nothing, other than other people's voice

in XboX Insiders
    I can't hear anything in game, no sound effects, no nothing, other than other people's voice: I'm going online one day, go play Fortnite, and while I'm chatting to people, I hop on a game with visual sound effects, and I realize, I can't hear anything. I checked the volume on my TV, it's...
  5. Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I hear sound through TV when headset is on?: My missus likes to watch, listen to new games I play through the TV, while I wear a headset. Why has this feature been removed? On PS5/PS4 you're given the option if you want the sound muted...
  6. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  7. Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.: As title says. It's super annoying and happens onc every few minutes, have to unplug-replug the headset to fix the issue. Using an Elite 2 Controller and whichever test ring is needed for the...
  8. I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear the sound from my mic when I make a clip: Hi, I'm trying to make a Minecraft YouTube series from my Xbox One with my mic audio in it, but when I made a test video I couldn't hear myself, I could only hear the game audio. I tried messing...
  9. Sound stops and party members can't hear me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound stops and party members can't hear me: hey all. I'm having problems. so i like playing through my laptop and sometimes I have no problem with the sound, though the sound will randomly go away and stay silent. when I'm in a party, the...
  10. Can't hear some in game sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't hear some in game sound: i can hear music and cars but I can't hear the guy that introduces you to the game and explains everything.I can guess what to do its self explanetory but sucks I can't hear what he is explaining...