I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...

Discus and support I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the EXACT same set up as you so I might be able to help. I have had many problems with the steels series software... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Michael T69, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Michael T69
    Michael T69 Guest

I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...

I have the EXACT same set up as you so I might be able to help. I have had many problems with the steels series software before and I think I know how to fix it. Open the software and go to the sonar section and click on the text right below the orange mic icon. Make sure it says your input it "Microphone (Arctis 5 Chat)" and if not change it to that. Next your going to want to the Mic tab and make sure that all the settings in this tab are turned off. Then click the record button in the software to see if you can hear yourself and play the audio back. It should work then. After that press "Windows key + G" to open the game bar and make sure the audio tab is open. Once in the audio tab go to voice and then select the SteelSeries Microphone at input and output as whatever you want your friends voices to come out of. That's all I got for you other than if you have a NVIDIA GPU and updated it recently, it seems to mess with the SteelSeries software so make sure in the sonar section that the software isn't outputting to the wrong source.

:)

Michael T69, Jun 30, 2023
  2. Michael T69 Win User

I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can anybody help?

Split from this thread.
    I have the EXACT same set up as you so I might be able to help. I have had many problems with the steels series software before and I think I know how to fix it. Open the software and go to the sonar section and click on the text right below the orange mic icon. Make sure it says your input it "Microphone (Arctis 5 Chat)" and if not change it to that. Next your going to want to the Mic tab and make sure that all the settings in this tab are turned off. Then click the record button in the software to see if you can hear yourself and play the audio back. It should work then. After that press "Windows key + G" to open the game bar and make sure the audio tab is open. Once in the audio tab go to voice and then select the SteelSeries Microphone at input and output as whatever you want your friends voices to come out of. That's all I got for you other than if you have a NVIDIA GPU and updated it recently, it seems to mess with the SteelSeries software so make sure in the sonar section that the software isn't outputting to the wrong source.
  3. CarTzy Win User

I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can anybody help?

4. CarTzy Win User

Hello LargeDexter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I would suggest you to check the following steps to fix your SteelSeries headset mic issue on your PC:

- Make sure your headset mic is enabled and set as the default input device in your Windows 10 sound settings. You can access them by clicking on the sound icon on the lower-right corner of your screen and selecting Sounds.

- Make sure your headset mic level is set to 100 in the recording tab of the sound settings. You can also right-click on your headset device and select Troubleshoot to run a diagnostic test.

- Make sure you have the latest driver for your headset installed on your PC. You can download it from the SteelSeries website and follow the instructions to install it.

- Make sure you have granted permission for your apps to use your microphone in your Windows 10 privacy settings. You can find them by searching for "Mic Privacy" in your Start menu and selecting "Choose which apps can access your microphone".

- If none of these steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the SteelSeries Engine software from the Control Panel and see if that resolves the issue.

You may also reach out with the manufacturer: https://steelseries.com/gg

I hope this helps you to enjoy your SteelSeries headset with your Xbox games. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reply on this post.
  5. PrezidentGarth Win User

Audio Issue - Using Xbox Companion to Stream to Youtube via OBS

Im also having this issue. I did figure out how to get my steelseries 9x to play party audio and my mic audio. I had to allow game bar access to my mic. My problem now is the game audio doesnt come through the stream.
  6. CarletonWaite Win User

In game chat not detecting a microphone

I am having the same issue with steelseries arctis 9x

I believe its the game as warzone still picks up the mic where destiny 2 does not have a mic icon.

I can't hear anyone and they cant hear me.

Also everyone else's mics work fine.
Thema:

1. I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can... - Similar Threads - can't mic Game

2. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  3. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  4. I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x: I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x rockstar games won't let player use mic GTA v online because some policy Xbox ? e0555d41-2dd2-4d4c-a046-21799a7ede82
  5. I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't get the mic to work on Xbox Game Bar using SteelSeries GG Sonar software. Can...: I recently got a SteelSeries headset and cannot get the mic to work. I've tried resetting the game bar and the SteelSeries software and found the exact same result. I haven't been able to find a...
  6. Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Monitoring can't be disabled on Xbox Series X with Turtle Beach Recon 500 wired Headset: Hello there, i got the Xbox Series X and the official Xbox Controller shipped within the console. My problem is, that i can hear myself when talking to a friend over xbox live (gold). I don't...
  7. Why can't xbox record headset mic when saving game clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't xbox record headset mic when saving game clips?: My son wants to record his voice over gameclips he makes and there is an option to record mic however it does not work. I don't want to set him up on a another app just to record a clip. Is this...
  8. I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.: The headphones and mic are working ive checked. Ive had to buy several new controllers and they work for a bit but then the mic mute icon comes up and it all stops working again! Is there a virus...
  9. Game Audio is playing through Xbox one mic, I can't hear people talking over game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Audio is playing through Xbox one mic, I can't hear people talking over game audio: the game audio is playing through my Xbox mic headset and I can't hear anyone talking to me. I would prefer if the game audio just played through my tv (like a normal mic), can someone help me...
  10. Why can't I hear people and people can't hear me in-game when I have my mic for my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I hear people and people can't hear me in-game when I have my mic for my ...: I bought a headset that works with Xbox 360 called TekNMotion Yapster Blaster. It has connections for the audio and for the mic. I set everything up and put in the mic adapter but people can't...