I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

Discus and support I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Poling, Apr 13, 2024.

1. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just disconnected and won’t reconnect I’ve unplugged it plugged it back in restarted it like when you hold down the button on the controller and the 3 things come up I’ve just been having my controllers plugged in for awhile but it’s getting annoying having it constantly connected

:)

Justin Poling, Apr 13, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Justin! Thank you for your reply and the additional information

Ten minutes unplugged should be enough to correct any power-related issues.
    If I understood correctly, you tried plugging it into the wall, correct?

Besides what you tried so far, and as a last resort, my only other suggestion would be to perform a factory reset, although it's unlikely to work.

-----

For your reference, this can be done at Settings > System > Console info > Reset Xbox > Keep games and apps.

* Note: Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and the Xbox Network, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

-----

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid your console will need to be repaired. Microsoft no longer repairs Xbox One consoles as they have been discontinued for some time now, but you may opt to use a third-party service instead.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Justin Poling Win User

Thank you for replying so quickly and I’ve left it unplugged for a few minutes it is not plugged directly into one of the outlets it is a power strip/surge protector and there are no other external things plugged into my console and I’ve tried unplugging it from the wall and Xbox for like 10 minutes and no luck
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Justin! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

Unfortunately, it sounds like your console's problem might be hardware-related.

- May I ask how long was your console unplugged? Did you unplug your power supply unit from both the console and the outlet?

- Is your power supply unit plugged directly into one of the wall's outlets?

- Besides your TV, are there any external devices plugged into your console?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Alan Kaczynski1 Win User

Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

Whenever I try to connect to my WiFi it just says it can’t connect. I also can’t connect to a wired connection as my Xbox is on the other side of the house as my router. I also only have my controller plugged into the Xbox.
  6. BBClare Win User

Can’t Play DAI Offline

I can’t get my phone to connect to my Xbox, far too old a model. So my issue is it can’t connect to Xbox live in general and I still can’t start it.
Thema:

1. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what - Similar Threads - can’t controller connect

2. Controller turns on game then can’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on game then can’t do anything: Controller new batteries turns on game then can’t do anything 048d280d-2ccb-44b1-b1c1-143145becd45
  3. Can’t get Xbox to always distinguish one controller from the other

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get Xbox to always distinguish one controller from the other: Trying to play goat simulator 3 split screen. I’ve done it many times before but sometimes it won’t recognize my controller as a second and it controls player 1. Even in the device settings I can...
  4. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  5. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. 55aff269-2c41-4950-9b0f-701cb9dc1621
  6. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  7. Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need fix for “Sorry, this controller can’t be reverted.”: Ordered an Xbox controller to use with my Tesla. Attempted to update the firmware which was apparently the wrong direction (the older versions allow for Bluetooth Classic; not BLE aka Bluetooth...
  8. I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming: My controller has worked before but stopped working on chrome browser recently, it didn’t even work on safari 6d585cb6-db49-4a41-a218-030bade8b822
  9. Will i get banned from all these botted xbox followers that i can’t control?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will i get banned from all these botted xbox followers that i can’t control?: i was just on youtube and all of a sudden i get all these bot accounts following me on xbox, it’s been about 3 days now and i have 30k followers, im scared i will get banned....
  10. Can’t connect wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect wireless controller: how to re-connect wireless controller 09deb1f2-5300-4f17-bec3-942bd68acc4a