I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games

Discus and support I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello my son got a new Xbox and when we logged in we logged in with the Microsoft account like it asked. None of his games or gamer tag are showing up.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Emily Greenfield, Nov 6, 2023.

1. I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games

Hello my son got a new Xbox and when we logged in we logged in with the Microsoft account like it asked. None of his games or gamer tag are showing up. When I tried to link the new Xbox to epic, I unlinked the old one or so I thought. Then tried to link the new one,still now games or gamer tag.

:)

Emily Greenfield, Nov 6, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Emily G, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues trying to connect your child's new Xbox to Epic games.

First make sure that the Microsoft account you use to sign in to your child's new Xbox is the same account that was previously used on the other Xbox. If you are using a different account, games and player tags may not appear. Try to log in with the correct account.

If you previously unlinked your Epic Games account from the old Xbox, make sure you've successfully linked your Epic Games account to the new Xbox. This is usually done through the account settings in the specific Epic game your child is trying to play. Make sure you follow the pairing steps provided by Epic Games precisely.

Check the game library on the new Xbox to make sure Epic games are installed. If they don't appear in your library, you may need to search for them in the Xbox Store and download them again on the new console.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped

The purchases and battle pass are linked to your son's EPIC account.

So if you made a new EPIC account and linked the gamertag to that, of course no previous purchases are there.

You need to link your son's Xbox Gamertag account to the correct EPIC account with which you made the previous purchases.

BUT BEWARE!!! If you only used the console to link to an EPIC account WITHOUT making that first EPIC Account a

"full EPIC account" as described here
    , it might be that your purchases are now lost!!!

If you need help with that, you would have to contact the EPIC support from the link above using the "Contact us" button at the bottom of the page.
  4. LouiseThomass Win User

Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

Hi Josef,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately my son's fortnite account was not created through Microsoft services.

I've created a new microsoft account for me and him for the special purpose of having a bit more control of his gaming time and the content he has access to but he already had the Epic account.

It seems that connecting his epic account on this new "family controlled" account was detected by Fortnite by itself but I've looked on my family control account and I can't find any setting anywhere.

What should I do ?

Thanks again for your help !

EDIT : I've created an XBOX profile as well as an Epic account for myself. I've linked both of them together but I don't see any more settings either on Microsoft's family control interface or on Epic's. On Epic I don't even see a way to add my existing son's account...
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Switching my epics games to this account

Hi XI Nabeel XI

Try this link to see if it is any help with making the change you are looking for How do
    I change the email on my Epic Games account?

If your son doesn't have the epic account setup already then create the account and then link the new gamertag to it and then try linking his fortnite.
  6. jessjess222 Win User

Sharing games in the household.

It depends, because Epic Games doesn't allow you to play the same Fortnite account at the same time. It will remove the other Fortnite Game session from Gameplay. If you're trying to play Fortnite with your own account, you'd need to unlink the Xbox account from, in your current situation, your son, and then you'd need to make a new Xbox Account for your Son, and link the new Xbox Account to his Epic Games Account. You will, however not be able to see your son's Fortnite Game progress, since you've transferred it to a new Xbox account. I'd recommend you to follow up with Xbox Support and Epic Games.
Thema:

1. I can't get my son's new Xbox to link to epic games - Similar Threads - can't son's link

2. My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24: My Son has an Xbox Series S. He has friend requests on Fortnite but he can't accept or Add friends. I have checked the settings and it is set so that he doesn't need a PIN. We also changed the PIN...
  3. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  4. My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox 1: Can't get Madden 2024 to load on xbox one just stop installing. We have applied all updates and have enough space 7a4292c1-daea-4328-be2b-c42f76bc0132
  5. Got a superdrive gs950-x for my sons xbox one but can't get it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a superdrive gs950-x for my sons xbox one but can't get it to connect: Brought my son a gs950-x steering wheel for Christmas but can't connect to his xbox I have tried everything need help please 7ac33f95-85fc-4cac-88b5-a82f160f8082
  6. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  7. Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...: I have been trying to log in to Fortnite on to sons Xbox but keep getting the above message and won't load into game. I have tried the restart options and several things that searched on...
  8. I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't remove my daughter from my son's family group to add her to my own: My son had apparently created a family group for his xbox account and added my daughter to it a few years ago. He has moved out and we want to move her to my own family group. I've tried two ways:...
  9. My son's Xbox is continuously loading and he can't get to the passcode screen ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's Xbox is continuously loading and he can't get to the passcode screen ?: My son can't even get to his passcode screen it is frozen on the loading screen a568642d-5eba-4420-bab9-701112b72aa4
  10. Can't log into son's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into son's account: We can't log into my son's account and getting a message that says "there's a temporary problem with your service please try again later [img] d794d7a8-5fbb-4811-b02f-95ca19898b0b