I can't get any audio or visual from my Xbox one s

Discus and support I can't get any audio or visual from my Xbox one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It still powers on but i have tried 3 tvs and 5 hdmi slots and 4 hdmi cables no visual and audio. And thr xbox is only 7 months old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewMcGowan2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. I can't get any audio or visual from my Xbox one s

It still powers on but i have tried 3 tvs and 5 hdmi slots and 4 hdmi cables no visual and audio. And thr xbox is only 7 months old

:)

AndrewMcGowan2, Nov 26, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi AndrewMcGowan2

• Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.
    • Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI).
    • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your console is secure.
    • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.
    • Check that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console.
    • Power cycle your Xbox One: Press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console, and then turn it on again.
    • Reset your display settings. Here's how:
      1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
      2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
      3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second
        beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button
        instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > General > TV
        & display options
        , and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.
      4. If you’re required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you’ll want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more info, see How
        to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One
    • Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.
    • Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.
    • Try connecting your console to a different TV.
  3. CourtneySmith_ Win User

No sound through Optical from Xbox to A/V reciever

Hi ivCourtSmith,

Can you let us know if the stereo system is up to date if it is able to receive those? Also, can you let us know the make and model of the system you are working with as well? Let's be sure to check out the

guide for audio devices
    as well.

Thank you!
    Hi,

I am able to get it working now but I cannot get any speech/voice surround sound 5.1 through my xbox one. I can get speech and voice on stereo uncompressed but not 5.1 uncompressed.

I have the xbox wired differently now also:

HDMI from Xbox One to TV

Coaxial digital audio cable from TV to Reciever.

My reciever is a JVC RX-5022R Audio Visual Reciever.

Thanks.
  4. SaM5246xbl Win User

Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10

Are any of you able to get audio from it? I plugged my Xbox One stereo headset into my controller but no audio and no way to routing audio to it, is there supposed to be software to control it?
  5. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

Audio messages(I can't hear them when run games)

When i talk audio message i mean AUDIO MESSAGE NOT PARTY CHAT.

Party chat is not message.

And when i power on my console series x and previews xbox consoles(For example xbox one s) when i am at menu the audio messages work fine i can hear them normally but when i run any game(EXCEPT FOTZA HORIZON 5) any audio message send or receive i CAN'T listen it.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't seem to get any sound with a used VGA cable.

I'm not well versed on TOSLINK cables I'm afraid. The Xbox VGA cable comes with a left and right RCA audio connectors (also called Phono leads). To get audio with the VGA lead, you will also need a jack,

like this one.
    The RCA leads go into the jack and the jack goes into the stereo input on your HDTV. The official Xbox VGA cable comes with the adapter if purchased new. If not, you should be able to get one online or from any store and sells audio cables
    and accessories.
Thema:

1. I can't get any audio or visual from my Xbox one s - Similar Threads - can't audio visual

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup: I have a pretty niche audio setup with Xbox that's worked great for me for ages with Xbox party chat. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Discord on Xbox which is frustrating when I'm playing with...
  4. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  5. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  6. Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox: Can't get discord audio to transfer to Xbox. Tells me I need to link but relinking does not resolve. Any trouble shooting advice? Tried restarting xbox and internet....
  7. I can't hear voice audio well

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear voice audio well: Before launching the MW3 beta, my headset audio was fine. But as soon as I launched it, my headset instantly became drastically quieter. And I could hear all audio normally, besides anything voice...
  8. Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?: After setting up afterglow controller and downloading afterglow app, I no longer have access too "Audio & music". I checked everything I could within the afterglow app and everything was on "max...
  9. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  10. My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...: I can't hear my team mate and enemy steps also it almost seems as the speakers sounds are off I hear things coming from my left at and along of time it's. Off dc764487-28ea-4b88-9fbe-403a12f5afa1