I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it

Discus and support I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can't have 4k@120hz even though I have an Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable and a TV that supports it. I have an Xbox series s. I looked up why, and I saw... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Lane Smith, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Lane Smith
    Lane Smith Guest

I can't have 4k@120hz even though I have an Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable and a TV that supports it.

I have an Xbox series s. I looked up why, and I saw my HDMI cable needed to be Ultra High Speed. I bought an Ultra High Speed 48Bbps 4K@120Hz HDMI Cable. My TV can support it, but it says my TV setup doesn't support 4k@120hz.

:)

Lane Smith, Feb 27, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

very few games support 120 Hz on Xbox series S,

What is the make and model of your television?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

your TV does not support 120 Hz, and basically no $500.55 inch television would.

The electronics to support 120 Hz is extremely expensive, much more expensive than it is for the marketing jargon that they used to advertise their fake motion smoothing they're referring to as 120. You shouldn't expect any television under about $1300 SRP to support native 120 Hz at large sizes

As you can see from the specifications under panel, it only supports 60 Hz

[​IMG]

https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/home-theater/q6-class/55-class-4k-qled-hdr-google-tv-55q650g
  4. Lane Smith Win User

TCL Q6 QLED Smart 4k Google TV 2023 Model
  5. Frenchy_137 Win User

Sony xr-55A80J OLED and 4k @120hz support (Not supported)

Hi Nursemorph,

Thanks to you I was able to get it to work at 4K with 120hz.

The issue was the guys that configured my TV had set the HDMI mode to EF(Dolby support) and that mode does not seem to support 120hz.

> I changed the mode to Standard and it made things worse so then I changed it back to EF only and voila it worked 4k at 120hz!

Thank you all for your help with this one.

:)
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

xbox series x with samsung- tv can’t support 4k uhd at 120hz

Your TV model doesn't support or have any HDMI 2.1 ports, which is what you need if looking to get 4K at 120hz.

also the TV doesn't have 240hz refresh rate, it's a 240hz motion rate, which is a 120hz refresh rate display but again you can't get the Series X to 4K 120hz unless your TV has HDMI 2.1 ports, without HDMI 2.1 on the TV you'll be limited to 4K 60hz.
Thema:

1. I can't get 4k@120hz even though I have the things to support it - Similar Threads - can't 4k@120hz though

2. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  3. I can't post to Xbox LFG

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't post to Xbox LFG: While playing Destiny 2 I'm unable to make or respond to LFG posts using the Xbox system. I've unplugged, wiped the cache, confirmed my communication and multiplayer settings are set to 'allow'...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem a Fortnite xbox code.: When i type the code, it says: "Check the instructions provided with your code. You may need to use it on anotehr web page or device, or you may not be authorized to use this code." What could be...
  6. I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just updated my Xbox, and now I can't get past the login screen: It updated. It feels like something is using all the cpu because the controller is very laggy. It gets stuck at login screen and eventually just turns black. I've restarted and pulled the power...
  7. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  8. Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.: Hi everybody!, I can't choose 4K/120Hz in the TV & Display Option menu on 65U88H ( *Canadian version but same as the American one) TV from Hisense. I can only go to 1440P/ 120HZ with no issues....
  9. My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My ps5 support 1440p at 120hz with hdr but my xbox series x can't let me use hdr if 4k is...: my Xbox support 1440p with.120 but won't enable hdr it says it on, but nothing happens i realized u need 4k to make hdr work and i want to try hdr at 1440p 2efe0fd5-389b-4925-9de8-fd0de16756b6
  10. Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 )

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 ): Hey everyone i hope you're having a good day. I have xbox series x and before i buy any tv for it, i did watched so many reviews on YouTube that said LG NANO86 can run the series x on 4K UHD at...