I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft

Discus and support I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Arnav Phatak, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Arnav Phatak
    Arnav Phatak Guest

I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I watched a bunch of videos and they told me to allow multiplayer in the XBOX settings but once doing that it still said to check my Microsoft account settings.

:)

Arnav Phatak, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not part of Microsoft. Hope you are doing well!

Just to confirm, is this the page where you tried to modify your privacy settings https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home just go to the page and click on the "Privacy & online safety" tab there.

If you have tried editing the settings under the Xbox one/Windows settings tab and it is still not working, another thing I can suggest is to check whether the Microsoft account you used for Minecraft is created as a child account.

No worries! Let me guide you how to check this via the steps below:

1. You will need an alternate account that will serve as a parent. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add your Xbox email address or account as a Member/Child.

3. Accept the invitation using your Xbox account email.

4. Using your main Microsoft account you are using for the game, go to https://account.microsoft.com/profile page and try changing the date of birth of your account to a child example (year 2018)

4. Once done changing the date of birth, sign in using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of your main account back to adult and remove any restrictions. Once done, just restart your device and check the game again.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, please do let us know so we can further assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Minecraft doesnt allow mutiplayer.

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with multiplayer on Minecraft Java Edition. It is possible to enable multiplayer on Minecraft Java Edition. Here are some steps you can follow:
    1. Launch any web browser and open the official Microsoft website.
    2. Log in to the account that has been used to purchase Minecraft Java Edition.
    3. Click on your name displayed in the top right corner and click on “My Microsoft account”.
    4. Access the privacy settings for Xbox and toggle the Allow/Block option to enable multiplayer in games.

I hope this helps.

Please note this is an Xbox Community Forum. We will most likely assist you based on the Xbox point of view. If you require assistance strictly Minecraft, then it would be best to contact Minecraft support.
  4. Beavis125 Win User

Enabling multiplayer on Minecraft Java edition

tried that, didn't work, which was very weird. So Im thinking about getting a new Java account soon.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Enabling multiplayer on Minecraft Java edition

Hi Beavis125, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For you to manage it you can simply sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings.

If the system detects that your account is a child account you will be redirected to a support site and if not you will be able to change it successfully.

If you were redirected to a support page, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family and check if there is an organizer account linked to your account then use the organizer account so sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings then "allow" the setting on this screenshot:

[​IMG]
  6. XBF - Evie Win User

Minecraft (Both editions) not working

Hello Reom Nagasaka,

Thanks for contacting the Xbox Forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with connecting to Minecraft multiplayer servers for both Java and Bedrock edition.

Please check out some of the self-help articles below that troubleshoot multiplayer connectivity issues for both editions.

General troubleshooting for Bedrock Edition

How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer – Home

General toubleshooting for Java Edition

How to Play Minecraft: Java Edition Multiplayer – Home

Multiplayer troubleshooting for Bedrock Edition

Minecraft Multiplayer Connectivity Issues – Home

Multiplayer troubleshooting for Java Edition

Minecraft: Java Edition Multiplayer Connection Issues – Home

Additionally, if you are still struggling with multiplayer connectivity after completing the troubleshooting provided in the links above, I recommend that you open a ticket with Mojang support (not Microsoft) for further assistance.

Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net)

I hope these suggestions help! If this answered your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
Thema:

1. I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft - Similar Threads - cant enable Multiplayer

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  6. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  7. my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...: i was playing "the finals" and i immediately realize my wifi disappeared i try to troubleshoot it but it cant find my wireless network so it only try to fix my LAN adapter. i check my device...
  8. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  9. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. Why cant my xbox connect to my wired ipv6 connection when my router has ipv6 enabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my xbox connect to my wired ipv6 connection when my router has ipv6 enabled?: My xbox cant connect to the wired connection using ethernet and says: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Unavailable xbox.com/xboxone/Teredo Servie info is unavailable 599139be-c6bf-4c9c-a553-50b76e15ba50