i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s

Discus and support i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So last night i decided to play some cod cold war and copied the game from an eternal drive i had it on to my internal xbox drive. its 150 gig worth so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Al_z99, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Al_z99
    Al_z99 Guest

So last night i decided to play some cod cold war and copied the game from an eternal drive i had it on to my internal xbox drive. its 150 gig worth so not a small game. after it was done copying and i started the game it said it needed to update. as soon as that happened it just sat at 0% and nothing happened. after waiting for ages i gave up and cancelled the download. after doing that the game was removed from my internal drive. still had a copy of it on my external drive and i noticed it said it could do the update straight to there so thought i'd try that and then copy to internal drive but again it just sat at 0% completed. so again i cancelled update and again it removed the whole game! so now with no copy at all i thought i would redownload the whole thing. again it just wouldn't download. so thought i'd try install through xbox app on my phone. even though i had over 200 gig free on my xbox the app was saying i didn't have enough space to to download. so i removed every game from my xbox and was left with 350gig free or so. again i tried downloading and again it said i didn't have enough space. then i thought i'd try download xbox app to pc and download through there and see what it says. after getting the app and searching the store i see no cold war games at all to download.. this has been quite a painful process with no success and i don't understand why this happening.

i've done the 'test network speed & statistics' thing through the xbox network settings and it says its all good. also tried doing the power cycling thing. is my xbox broken?

:)

Al_z99, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Al_z99!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with downloading, updating, and installing games on your Xbox Series S. Based on the information you provided, it seems like there might be an issue with your Xbox's hard drive or network connection. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Clear the cache on your Xbox Series S by holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning the console back on.

2. Check your network connection by going to Settings > Network > Network settings on your Xbox Series S. Make sure that your console is connected to the internet and that your network settings are configured correctly.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series S directly to your modem or router using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi.

4. If the issue persists, you may need to replace your Xbox Series S's hard drive. You can contact Xbox Support for further assistance with this.

Regarding the issue with the Xbox app on your phone, it's possible that there might be a bug or glitch in the app. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue. If not, you can contact Xbox Support for further assistance with this as well.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Al_z99!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox Game Disc-to-Digital Availability

This is an incorrect assumption. You can insert an xbox one disc and download updates that may improve visuals and frame rates on Xbox Series X/S but in order to play you still need the disc unless you own the digital version of it.

Xbox Series X will utilize the Xbox One X version of enhancements while Xbox series S will use the Xbox One S enhancements.

You will not get a free game by borrowing or renting a physical version of a game and installing it on Xbox Series X/S.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Upgrading from Xbox one games to X/S

Hello, killerluke09. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Most games launched for both the Xbox One and Series S/X consoles if installed on a Series S/X console will just download and update the necessary files to run optimized to the Series S/X console.

Now F1 2022 has two versions: the Standard Xbox One version and the Series S/X version. I'm not really sure, but I think the Standard Xbox One version will not update to the optimized Series S/X as it is a different game version.

Do you have the Standard Xbox One version?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
Thema:

1. i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s - Similar Threads - can't download update

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Can't download Xbox App on pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download Xbox App on pc.: My xbox app asked for an update. I tried over and over and it wouldn't update. I uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling. when installing the app, the Microsoft app store won't even give me the...
  4. Can't download disc games on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download disc games on Xbox one: I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 2 on my xbox one but whenever I put the disc in it won't start installing and when I take the disc out it says installation stopped, Horizon 2 also doesn't seem...
  5. Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...: I tried formatting the storage device, clearing the cache to factory reset and nothing works, any help would be appreciated. e94feca1-3f69-4047-bf59-651bd731a966
  6. Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?: As title says it, I'm curious why we hadn't gotten this particular issue explained. It would be big help and boon for specific games to be updated for those who don't have Internet because they...
  7. Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games: As the title says. I wanted to install Pillars of Eternity, and the download stopped at 136mb in and the app simply said "Checking for updates". I've tried running Powershell as an administrator...
  8. Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.: I can't download any game, it's stucked on 0 B/S everytime i launched xbox app the same is with canceling any installation or pausing I've tried to fix it, i repaired it and restarted MS and xbox...
  9. why I can't update and download games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why I can't update and download games: i can't download and update games and the error code is 0x8007045d 12ceb1f6-db6d-4526-8bcd-63278b69dbcd
  10. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...: [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make...