I can't delete my captures and they keep on coming back

Discus and support I can't delete my captures and they keep on coming back in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wanna make room for new captures but when I delete them they come back, it also won't let me download new captures, I've tried everything i can find... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by THICCAussie, Apr 25, 2023.

1. THICCAussie
    THICCAussie Guest

I wanna make room for new captures but when I delete them they come back, it also won't let me download new captures, I've tried everything i can find on the internet about this n still no luck , ive even factory reset my console as well and it still does this , ive also went to someone else xbox to log in and try from there , still no luck, this is really getting annoying. Please if anyone can help how can I fix this?

:)

THICCAussie, Apr 25, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Kindly check if there is a pending system update for the console.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update,

Solution 3: You can also try formatting an empty USB drive on your computer to NTFS format and use it to move your game clips and see if that works.

You can check the details from this link as a reference, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/....

If the same issue persists, other players are experiencing the same issue right now. Although there is no official announcement yet about the issue. Let's wait until it gets fixed, you can also provide feedback about it using the Report a Problem app which you can download by doing the steps below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Store.

Select Search, and then enter Xbox Report a Problem in the search box.

Choose the app from the search results, and then select Download.

Follow the instructions in the section “Report a new problem” to submit your problem report.
  3. Jamwagon Win User

I can't see my game clips on Xbox

I can't see my deleted videos which are stuck on my game capture cloud storage
    Something is definitely going on. Xbox Support needs to acknowledge this. Game captures stored in the cloud are corrupt and can't be deleted or viewed.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Deleted game keeps coming back

Hello AarronR94,

Thank you for your response and truly apologize for some delay with my responses here in my end.

To help our engineers start running an investigation to what is causing the issue, we require to provide your feedback through the Xbox Report a Problem app by installing the application in your Xbox console from Microsoft store. For the complete steps on how to do it, follow the steps provided in this link: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We thank you for letting us know your concern and the solution may not be provided overnight, but know that our goal to provide the best experience will remain.

Sincerely,

5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello AarronR94,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay with my response.

We will reset your console from factory defaults and keeps your games and apps. Here are the steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    • On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options: Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your first choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games and apps.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. AarronR94 Win User

I already have but none of the options apply, ive also tried talkingto someone online but that doesnt even work. Still havent got my storage back either and its been two weeks now. Id really like some help on this situation.
Thema:

1. I can't delete my captures and they keep on coming back - Similar Threads - can't delete captures

2. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  3. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  4. My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft gmail has been hacked and i can't log into anything and now its been deleted i...: Please help me i can't login to play minecraft because the accounts been deleted 2815c3de-34bc-4a66-9c68-a0ab5f2f44c4
  5. So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I've been having this problem where I can't delete my captures: I read the replies to Levi and followed everything but none of it worked b4d1fe49-96fc-4e1b-a45f-b7f4ab2f6bca
  6. Captures can't be deleted/uploaded

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures can't be deleted/uploaded: Hello, As this is driving me insane, I hope to get some more answers regarding this issue, as I'm not the only one with this problem. For the past few weeks, I've been recording Hogwarts Legacy...
  7. Can't Delete Captures on Series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't Delete Captures on Series X: I am unable to delete captures on my Xbox Series X, nor the Xbox app on Android. I have tried a power cycle, disconnecting and reconnecting my modem and router, and resetting my Xbox and keeping...
  8. Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network: If I try to upload a clip, I get a notification telling me the clip has been uploaded, but it doesn't appear on the XBOX network or on the mobile app. If I go back to the clip on my console, I...
  9. I can't delete my xbox captures.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't delete my xbox captures.: When I try to delete captures (specifically On the Xbox network) they appear to be deleted, then when I either reset the Captures app or refresh it the delete captures come back. Also when I try...
  10. I can't delete or upload any captures!

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't delete or upload any captures!: I've tried to delete some videos off of captures and they won't go away! It's been happening for the past 2 days I can't upload anything and I can't delete anything and as a YouTuber this is...