I can't connect to XBOX live after unplugging my console, then changing password!

Discus and support I can't connect to XBOX live after unplugging my console, then changing password! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I was on my XBOX and I changed my name at 1 o clock in the day. I waited a few hours then unplugged my XBOX, I can't sign in and I can't test my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tenshii SR4, May 8, 2016.

1. Tenshii SR4
    Tenshii SR4 Guest

I can't connect to XBOX live after unplugging my console, then changing password!

Hi, I was on my XBOX and I changed my name at 1 o clock in the day. I waited a few hours then unplugged my XBOX, I can't sign in and I can't test my internet connection, saying I need a wireless adapter, but my router and internet work just fine. I then
    changed my password and still cant log in through my XBOX 360, Is there some sort of way to connect with my new password on my XBOX 360? Please help..

:)

Tenshii SR4, May 8, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, May 8, 2016
  3. Connecting Xbox live on Xbox 360 password error

every time I try te connect to Xbox live on my Xbox 360 I get massage that my password is wrong. Even after changing it, message remains. online password works withouten problems

GameMeneer123, May 8, 2016
  4. Camaro8706
    Camaro8706 Guest

it might be xbox you should the xbox live support number at 1800 my xbox they can help you with that and i hope it works out for you

Camaro8706, May 14, 2016
  5. Camaro8706 Win User

it might be xbox you should the xbox live support number at 1800 my xbox they can help you with that and i hope it works out for you
  6. Skrungy616 Win User

Xbox 360 error status (can't get on xbox live or redownload my profile)

To clarify, my console is connecting to xbox live and the internet just fine when in network testing, but as soon as I try to redownload my profile about halfway into loading it says this console can't connect to xbox live OR there's a problem with the credentials you're using to login

I changed my microsoft password and even put my xbox serial number to my account, still can't get it to log in.

I have no idea what to do, I just wanted to play Diablo. :(
  7. GloryBoy-76427C3A-58 Win User

Impossible de se connecter au Xbox live, avec un code d'erreur !

En anglais pour les autres : I can't connect to my account xboxlive, everytime i try to connect, the console ask me to change my password, or enter the good one.

I enter the good one, with maj's and other, and after it the console give me the code 80048821. But i don't understand why just before it the console connects to the live and show me the number of friends i have in game...

My Live gold finish at 8/8/13 so i'ts okay, i created a new password and this new one isn't correct to, i always got the code..
  8. Rotzetool Win User

Console cannot connect to xbox live

Got a similiar problem here.

After turning on the console it just signed me in as offline. When I tried to connect to live it asked for my mailaddress and my password. It took weirdly long to check my data and then went straight to the error code 80072741.

After that I unplugged my router and made a reconnect to get a new IP, rebooted the xbox (same as before signed in as offline) and made a network check with the result "Live Connection Error".
  9. Juxtapose13 Win User

Question about chat MSN messenger on console

[quote user="MastaSin333"]

So I've added my msn messenger account to my xbox live account, but I changed after a few months my msn messenger password and now my msn messenger acount in my console says it cannot be connected because the password is wrong. How can I change the password
    of my msn messenger in the xbox live dashboard so I can actually use it?

[/quote]

This Support article will assist you. You'll want to change the password or remove and then re-add your password. If you've changed
    your Windows Live ID entirely, you'll want to follow those steps.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. I can't connect to XBOX live after unplugging my console, then changing password! - Similar Threads - can't connect live

2. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  4. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  7. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  9. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...
  10. Can't connect to Xbox Live on 360.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to Xbox Live on 360.: I put in the correct email and password but it tells me it's wrong. There is a error code as well. Code 8015ID002. I have no idea what to do to fix this. 5951a99a-7f9b-4f5a-9b1d-40504b0a7e73