I cant connect to internet or xbox live after replacing router.

Discus and support I cant connect to internet or xbox live after replacing router. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had to replace my router because I couldn't connect to internet. I could connect on all three xbox 360's in my home with no problem but now it will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by toto4177, Sep 1, 2015.

1. toto4177
    toto4177 Guest

I had to replace my router because I couldn't connect to internet. I could connect on all three xbox 360's in my home with no problem but now it will not do anything. I have tried to configure network but every time I test the connection it never get
    past the internet. Please help! I have a Cisco Linksys WRT20N.

:)

toto4177, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Please help, randomly disconnect from xbox live.

Okay so I guess awhile back now my connection was fine in every way. I never lagged unless something was being downloaded and i could always connect to live. but now my xbox likes to randomly disconnect me from live and not let me connect for 15 minutes
    or more, then i can connect to live after awhile, that is until it randomly disconnects me again. It is not my internet or router or modem because when i go to test my connection it says that i can connect to my router and my router can connect to the internet
    but the internet cant connect to live. so what does that mean, cause i know its not my internet or the xbox live servers being down, its just my xbox that randomly disconnects from live whenever it feels like it for 15 minutes or so. and again i can connect
    to my router and my router can connect to internet but internet cant connect to live when i test connection!

O 1Fish2Fish O, Sep 1, 2015
  3. A Frozen Poo
    A Frozen Poo Guest
    cant connect to xbox live

Ive just been disconnected from xbox live and now cant sign in. why does the solution after a test suggest you reset your router? I can connect to my network and the internet and yet i cant connect to xbox live so why the hell should i reset my router? Microsoft
    has made live flawed, better not be like this on xbox one.

A Frozen Poo, Sep 1, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Are you sure that you bridged the connection between the modem and router properly? You may need to contact your ISP to make sure that's been done.

onyxishere, Sep 1, 2015
  5. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Hi, the 360 tends to store the information it was last given from whichever router/modem it was connected to,

If you go to settings/ system settings/ network settings.

select your wired or wireless network in the list

select configure network

select additional settings

select restore to factory defaults

Restart your xbox and try connecting to your network again.

EggsBoxJuan, Oct 31, 2018
  6. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Are you sure that you bridged the connection between the modem and router properly? You may need to contact your ISP to make sure that's been done.
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, the 360 tends to store the information it was last given from whichever router/modem it was connected to,

If you go to settings/ system settings/ network settings.

select your wired or wireless network in the list

select configure network

select additional settings

select restore to factory defaults

Restart your xbox and try connecting to your network again.
  8. Kujo242 Win User

Connection or down?

This is not just you. I'm having problems connecting with xbox live and I've had live for months since my last renew. A good majority of my friends cant connect. When i troubleshoot my internet my xbox connects to the internet but cant connect to xbox live
    leading me to believe that this is Microsoft's problem, not mine. When i reset my router it's a temporary fix, but only for half an hour or so before I'm disconnected.
  9. VibrioidEnd0027 Win User

Xbox 360s unable to connect to Xbox LIVE

Hey thanks for responding to me. Erm, i have no issue connect my internet to my console because it says i have connected to the internet when i test my xbox live connection.

The only problem is that i cant connect to xbox live because the bar won't move after it is stucked at one third, even as they prompt me to download the latest update, it didn't work.

Where you currently located? - Singapore

Are you using DSL, Cable, or Dial-Up? DSL

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider) -Singtel

What type of router are you using? -Ewire

What model of router are you using? -MIO
  10. RF H0G 65 Win User

Haven't been able to connect past week

i get the red x before xbox live

and the paragraph: It says "live connection error" unplug the power from the modem or router for 30 seconds and recconect and wait 30 seconds. your console is connected to the internet but cant connect to Xbox Live. Visit www.xbox.com/connection-help for
    more help.
Thema:

1. I cant connect to internet or xbox live after replacing router. - Similar Threads - cant connect internet

2. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  3. Xbox S cant connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S cant connect to the internet: when i try to connect it says “its all good” then brings me back to the reconnect page. I have time restrictions but i dont think this is the issue. I cannot play online games or update anything,...
  4. Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4: So a year or two ago i go a new xbox series s (no disk) when i signed in i connected to the internet. Before that i had a different internet but after the new router was put in by spectrum it was...
  5. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  6. I cant connect to the internet on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to the internet on my xbox: I have an xbox seires s and for a couple of months, no wifi networks were shown on the Choose a connection screen. I disconnected from the internet on my xbox this morning but havent been able to...
  7. I cant connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to the internet: Help it wont connect to anything a08dc3f2-9ada-474d-b877-2363e0c79d94
  8. Sorry I cant connect to my Xbox360 settings and internet explorer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sorry I cant connect to my Xbox360 settings and internet explorer: Can you please help me with my Xbox360 settings bcos i want to start over * Converted to a Question and moved from Internet Explorer. 9ae0fbd2-44db-4be7-8a23-e0a19a88ccc6
  9. xbox connected to internet, but cant connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox connected to internet, but cant connect to xbox live: few days ago worked fine, but after changing our router to a nighthawk xr500, i have been unable to connect to xbox live and play warzone. i have a wired connection, and when i press "test...
  10. my modem had a reset and cant connect my xbox to internet since

in XBoX on Consoles
    my modem had a reset and cant connect my xbox to internet since: my internet supplier is bell canada we had a electricity shutdown for 5 minutes and when it happens your modem doesnt restart like normal modems usually do lol but i did restart it but since i did...