I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.

Discus and support I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. 4a531a10-cb3c-4332-80e3-cf0a6fc34e7d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mias osbeck, Jan 7, 2024.

1. mias osbeck
    mias osbeck Guest

:)

mias osbeck, Jan 7, 2024
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Help connecting to 5G internet

Hello Ian M, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

If you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Series S to 5G Internet, follow these steps

Check signal and coverage Make sure the 5G signal is available and you have good coverage in your location. 5G connectivity may be more sensitive to distance and obstacles than traditional Wi-Fi. If the 5G signal is weak or unstable, you may have difficulty connecting. Try moving your Xbox Series S closer to the 5G router or access point to improve signal quality.

Also check to see if firmware updates are available for your router. Firmware updates can fix compatibility issues and improve 5G connection performance. Check your router manufacturer's website for the latest available updates and install them by following the instructions provided.

Configure the router correctly. Make sure your router is configured correctly to support 5G connection. You can consult your router's manual or manufacturer's website for specific instructions on how to enable and configure 5G connectivity. Make sure you follow the proper steps and save your changes correctly.

In the network settings of your Xbox Series S, check if the auto-connect option is enabled. If you can't connect automatically, try manually setting up the connection by selecting the specific 5G network from the list of available networks. Make sure you enter the correct password if required.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Mias, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

What may be happening is that your Wi-Fi network is not configured for 5G. I recommend you to follow these steps: You should go to your home Wi-Fi settings and change your channel bandwidth to 40 MHz.

Best regards, Khaji
  4. William Splawn Win User

Why will games not go to the download queue and download on my Xbox series s.

I connected my Xbox series s to my mobile 5g hotspot and it did not resolve the issue. The games that I selected to download never got added to the queue to start downloading.
  5. 13150d90-b82f-4ad5-a Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Update:

The Xbox One will connect to the 2.4ghz hidden network just fine
    (apparently).

I did not initially try to connect to the hidden 2.4ghz network because the Xbox One connected to the non-hidden 5ghz network; I was only thinking in the mindset that the Xbox One will connect to a 5G network because that's what I wanted.

If anyone else is researching this question,

try to connect to the 2.4G hidden network if you are having difficulty connecting to a
    5G hidden network.

This worked for me.

I do wish that it would just connect to my hidden 5G network. I do not understand why it will not. I do not understand why it will connect to my 5G network fine when I toggle the "broadcast SSID name" function on the 5G network.
  6. Cerebral Paul Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Update:

The Xbox One will connect to the 2.4ghz hidden network just fine
    (apparently).

I did not initially try to connect to the hidden 2.4ghz network because the Xbox One connected to the non-hidden 5ghz network; I was only thinking in the mindset that the Xbox One will connect to a 5G network because that's what I wanted.

If anyone else is researching this question,

try to connect to the 2.4G hidden network if you are having difficulty connecting to a
    5G hidden network.

This worked for me.

I do wish that it would just connect to my hidden 5G network. I do not understand why it will not. I do not understand why it will connect to my 5G network fine when I toggle the "broadcast SSID name" function on the 5G network.
    I'm going to test this when I'm more awake. It should be able to connect to either one, hidden or not.
Thema:

1. I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. - Similar Threads - can't connect series

2. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  3. Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console: We've got an old Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia racing wheel with pedals and a new Xbox Series X console. Now we can't connect the wheel with Xbox. After connecting the wheel with the consoles USB,...
  4. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  5. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  6. Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles: Hi Team, This is one of the weirdest issue I've encountered. I am connected to the Xbox Network, Network tests from the console shows I'm connected. I updated a few games without signing into...
  7. Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?: As of October 26th at about 6:00 p.m. CST, I have not been able to access the Xbox network on either my Xbox series s or Xbox One S consoles. My series console is having issues updating as it...
  8. Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X: Basically over the last few months, everytime i play an Xbox 360 game on My series x it always says something like "Can't Sign into Live Please Check Connection" when i already have a connection....
  9. My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...: Can the Teredo IP address issue be fixed? 62217697-bed5-416d-8991-d6eafe78b895
  10. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...: Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect...