I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

Discus and support I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello. I downloaded local cast to my cell phone and I can't connect the app with my Xbox one. help me please 5cea68c5-630c-435f-b489-c2d501450a3b Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ObsessiveTen450, May 3, 2018.

1. I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

hello. I downloaded local cast to my cell phone and I can't connect the app with my Xbox one. help me please

:)

ObsessiveTen450, May 3, 2018
  2. Playto on Xbox 360 E don't work

1. I activate (DLNA) on my Xbox ( set Playto to on)

2. I use the same wifi in my Xbox and in my iPhone (iOS 10.2)

3. Xbox System is aktuell

But I can't connect my iPhone on DLNA : Cast Symbol in YouTube Not visible . I can connect youtube only on tvcode and Not on wifi. The Cast App (TVs Cast (DLNA) ) can't recognize my Xbo too..

Please help me!

HydroHyperion35, May 3, 2018
  3. Problems watching/casting videos from mobile device

I installed the local cast app and I still can't watch any videos other than the one I recorded on the phone.

Officer WinsIow, May 3, 2018
  4. I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Happy to help with this!

To make sure we're on the same page, are you referring to the Xbox One App connecting to your Xbox One console? If so, let's go ahead & try out all the steps over in our

troubleshooter
    to help get things up & running on your end!

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

Mister Kernel, May 4, 2018
  5. CamDogg00
    CamDogg00 Guest
    They are referring to the Local Cast app for Android. I am also having this problem not only woth local cast but any app that has the casting ability. Netflix, youtube, etc... are no longer seeing the xbox one on the cast to device list like it used to.
    Was there an update that removed this feature of casting directly to the xbox??

Thanks!

CamDogg00, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Mister Kernel Win User

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Happy to help with this!

To make sure we're on the same page, are you referring to the Xbox One App connecting to your Xbox One console? If so, let's go ahead & try out all the steps over in our

troubleshooter
    to help get things up & running on your end!

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.
  7. CamDogg00 Win User

They are referring to the Local Cast app for Android. I am also having this problem not only woth local cast but any app that has the casting ability. Netflix, youtube, etc... are no longer seeing the xbox one on the cast to device list like it used to.
    Was there an update that removed this feature of casting directly to the xbox??

Thanks!
  8. Officer WinsIow Win User

Problems watching/casting videos from mobile device

I installed the local cast app and I still can't watch any videos other than the one I recorded on the phone.
  9. J4ck0shinz Win User

Casting to xbox

I haven't played my xbox for about a month at least and it was before the update the other day, before I could connect my phone to the xbox through the xbox app, then go to the samsung music app on my phone and there was an option to cast to xboxone, there
    is no longer an option to cast to xbox one, I'll try and reinstall and power cycle my xbox tomorrow.

Thanks.
  10. alexward1230 Win User

Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

"You mentioned that you use third party apps for this, those probably would also need updates after the change on the app for music on Xbox"

This isn't true. Xbox supports "DLNA / UPnP" which are universal protocols. It doesn't matter what software I use to cast, Windows, IOS, etc. As long as the casting app is compliant to the UPnP/DLNA protocol then the Xbox should be able to play casted content.

Are you saying that the Xbox one is no longer DLNA/UPnP compliant and therefore no longer supports this protocol after the update?

"those probably would also need updates after the change on the app for music on Xbox"

I am an app developer for one of the 3rd part apps that cast to Xbox One. What changes specifically need to be implemented in my app to account for the Xbox One no longer being UPnP/DLNA compliant?
Thema:

1. I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one - Similar Threads - can't connect local

2. I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to Mojang servers in Minecraft Dungeons: Good afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, SunGood afternoon, I play on PS 5 in Ukraine, everything has always been fine, but since yesterday I cannot connect to the Mojang servers and play the...
  3. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...
  4. I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected: I can't sign in to xbox live. I've restarted and everything is connected 544fa0c7-940c-4556-9c52-8cac307a4299
  5. I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password: I'm trying to switch my xbox from a wired to a wireless connection, and it's just... not... connecting. But it's very suspicious, that it never asked me for the wifi password. At the end of the...
  6. Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...

in XBoX on Windows
    Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...: I've tried a few different methods to get to play resistance mode but everything I have tried hasn't worked. I still get the same error message (can't connect to multiplayer [support code 152]...
  7. I can't connect on wifi of a hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect on wifi of a hotel: I have a problem for connect to wifi of my university campus: for connecting you have a open connection but wifi dosen't work until you insert credentials in a login Page that appears One time I...
  8. Can't connect to wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to wireless network: Never had a problem connecting to the network on my series x. I've had it 2 yrs already. Now whenever I try to put my password in it won't connect. My wifi password is correct. All other devices...
  9. I can't connect to the call of duty black ops 3 servers I can only play local and I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to the call of duty black ops 3 servers I can only play local and I have...: Every time I load up the game it doesn't work and only lets me play local and I have xbox live 0bad4dc8-32d6-46c4-a6f1-a5c2196e89cd
  10. Can't connect player 2 on Minecraft 2 player local co-op

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect player 2 on Minecraft 2 player local co-op: I have read on this forum and have watched videos on how to do this, but I still can't connect a second player on Minecraft local co-op. I am trying to play with my daughter. I will list what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local cast para xbox