i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam

Discus and support i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; [img] hi, can someone help me please,I want to change my original Xbox account to my new Xbox account, but I can't change to the new account and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ahmad Aryandi, May 20, 2023.

1. i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam

i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam [​IMG]
    hi, can someone help me please,I want to change my original Xbox account to my new Xbox account, but I can't change to the new account and it always switches to the old account. and I've bought this sea of thive on steam and i just have 1 steam account that have sea of thieve. That is all and thank you

:)

Ahmad Aryandi, May 20, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Ahmad!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, are you trying to transfer your saved game license and data progress from your Steam account to an Xbox account, is that correct?
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

sign in with your old account, then at the menu screen you get a link at the bottom to change account.

if there is a way by clearing the cache on steam to force a new login.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

Note: Based on the support, this is a PC Guide - It does not cover the transfer of saves from Console to PC or vice versa.

Be aware, updates/changes to the game may cause problems with save file leading to corruption and or progress loss as such you should have a solid understanding of the importance of backing files up to avoid loosing your progress entirely.

Steam - Save file location

Finding the steam save file location is pretty easy:

From your Steam library right click Deep Rock Galactic

Select Properties

Select Local Files tab

Press Browse Local Files button

This should open a windows file explorer window in the folder:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic

From here go into:

> FSD > Saved > SaveGames

You should now be here:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames

This is the DRG save game folder for the Steam version.

The character file in this folder is:

1234567890_Player.sav

*Note: I have changed the leading number on the above as I am not sure what relevance it has, your number will be different.

You may notice a few files in here, these are backups that the game also performs so that in the event that an update breaks something support may be able to assist you in recovering your progress.

Recommendation: Change folder View to Details, and sort by Modified date to easily identify the most recent ..._Player.sav file

XBox - Save file location

Finding the location of the Windows 10/XBox/Microsoft Store saves is a little trickier as there is no straight shortcut to jump into the location required that I am aware of.

The save files are kept under AppData, this is a folder associated with your windows username thus will be different for everyone.

To quickly get to AppData do the following:

Press Windows Key + R

Type in %appdata%

Alternatively it can normally be found under your C Drive

Under: Users\YourUsername\AppData

*Note: It IS a hidden folder, so you may need to enable viewing of 'hidden items' under file explorer.

This will take you to:

...\AppData\Roaming

Drop back a folder level and the folder we need to get to is:

...\AppData\Local\Packages\CoffeeStainStudios.DeepRockGalactic_496a1srhmar9w\SystemAppData\wgs

In this folder will be a folder with a large number, open that folder.

Again another folder with a large number, open that folder.

This is where your save game file is for XBox.

Note: I have change the unique numbers with 1234567890 as I am not sure their relevance.

The folder you should be in now should something like:

...\AppData\Local\Packages\CoffeeStainStudios.DeepRockGalactic_496a1srhmar9w\SystemAppData\wgs\1234567890\1234567890

*Important note: The XBox save file has no file extension (Steam uses .sav) and is a unique number I beleive.

You will also note that unlike the Steam version there appears to be no extra backup files.

The file with just numbers and letters is the file you will want to copy if you want to transfer your progress to Steam.

Transferring progress - Copying, Renaming

The actual process once you open locate the file locations is pretty straight forward.

I will be referencing file locations moving forward, so if you are not aware where the file locations are, work through the sections above and figure out where your saves are!

Transfer Steam to XBox

Open Steam save file location

Copy most recent 1234567890_Player.sav

Open XBox save file location

Paste Steam save file

Rename XBox save file adding .bak to the end

Rename copied Steam save file to the exact name as the XBox save file, excluding the recently added .bak

I would highly recommend you take time and check this link for a detailed explanation:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedeta...

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  5. Ahmad Aryandi Win User

yes, if it can be transferred to a new Microsoft account
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

you cant transfer the saved game or items collected to another microsoft accoutn, you can use a different microsoft account but you will start a fresh, as all saves and content earned is tied to the microsoft account attached, when you change this then you start over.
Thema:

1. i can't change my sea of thieve account to new one on steam - Similar Threads - can't change sea

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  10. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...