I cant cancel a Download

Discus and support I cant cancel a Download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to pre-download the game City Skylines 2. The Download got stuck at approx 21% so i have tried to cancel it. But the problem i have now is that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pascal Ullrich, Oct 23, 2023.

1. I cant cancel a Download

I tried to pre-download the game City Skylines 2. The Download got stuck at approx 21% so i have tried to cancel it. But the problem i have now is that the cancel Download button doesnt work anymore. I have tried to delete the files but that didnt work. I have also reset the app which also had no effect.

:)

Pascal Ullrich, Oct 23, 2023
  2. HaydenBock Win User

Minecraft launcher not downloading, I cant see the error code because when I go to check the error code the store crashes.

I also cant "cancel download" or "download now"
  3. RichieB_ Win User

I cant cancel a Download

Hi Pascal Ullrich,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with canceling the download of City Skylines 2 on your Windows PC. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

To start with, I would suggest you try the following steps:

Step 1: Restart your PC

Sometimes, restarting your PC can help resolve issues with downloads. Please try restarting your PC and then check if you're able to cancel the download.

Step 2: Clear the Windows Store Cache

Clearing the Windows Store cache can help resolve issues with downloads. Here are the steps to clear the cache:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "wsreset.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete, and then try to cancel the download again.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store

If clearing the cache doesn't work, you can try resetting the Windows Store. Here are the steps to reset the Windows Store:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "wsreset.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter.

3. Wait for the command to complete.

4. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

5. Click on "Apps".

6. Scroll down and click on "Microsoft Store".

7. Click on "Advanced options".

8. Scroll down and click on "Reset".

9. Wait for the reset to complete, and then try to cancel the download again.

If the above steps do not work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.

2. Click on "Apps".

3. Scroll down and click on "City Skylines 2".

4. Click on "Uninstall".

5. Wait for the uninstall to complete.

6. Restart your PC.

Then check if you can cancel the download on the Microsoft store app.

1. Open the Microsoft store app.
    2. Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
    3. Click on "Downloads and updates"
    4. Find City Skylines 2 and click on the X next to it

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. We look forward for you response.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. RichieB_ Win User

I cant cancel a Download

Hello Pascal Ullrich,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link:Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. DGDM-77E0E4C4-E41E-4 Win User

Can't complete a game download?

My account region are matching the same physical location but is a bug when the download content is cancelled the next game in queue start a new download cant re download the first cancelled at 90%
  6. XxFilipeBragaxX Win User

Preview program forum?

Hi,

How i can cancel the preview program ??

My Status is Pendig, and i cant download anything

Always Download erro because this...
Thema:

I cant cancel a Download

1. I cant cancel a Download - Similar Threads - cant cancel Download

2. Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to get a subscription canceled from a account i cant access? Or maybe a way...: I made a new account the other day and saved the information for logging into it on my Google that way I did not need to input said info to log in and could do so by just clicking a button. Well,...
  3. Cant unblock my account or cancel my subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant unblock my account or cancel my subscription: So, my account has been blocked. I can't receive the security code as its sent to an email i dont have, think it was made because Microsoft made me have a second email address And i cannot unblock...
  4. How do i cancel my xbox live when i cant sign in because you blocked my account even though...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i cancel my xbox live when i cant sign in because you blocked my account even though...: There is no way i can speak to somebody as you need me to sign in, which i cant because event though i have the correct password you blocked my account, i cant access the email to get the...
  5. i tried the xbox game pass trial and now i have lost £1 and cant cancel

in XBoX Accessibility
    i tried the xbox game pass trial and now i have lost £1 and cant cancel: i tried the £1 14 day trial and now for some reason even though im signed in with the account i used to buy game pass ON PC it thinks i am not subscribed to it i have lost £1 i have no access to...
  6. I cant cancel a subscription !!!! Lost login

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant cancel a subscription !!!! Lost login: I need to cancel a subscription to xbox live that my son had several years ago. Microsoft are continuing to take payments even. The xbox account login has been lost and have no details. How do...
  7. Cant cancel downloads or delete games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant cancel downloads or delete games.: Hi, i wanted to download overcooked, but once i clicked download it got stuck on 43,6mb. I tried cancelling and restarting the app, but no method worked. I tried to reset and repair the app, which...
  8. cant cancel download on xbox application on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant cancel download on xbox application on pc: restarted everything cant get past a dlc that wont download or cancel or pause 8697861b-343d-4705-a57d-5de72bb17d95
  9. Why cant I cancel the download of a game that isnt working in the Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I cancel the download of a game that isnt working in the Xbox app on Windows 11: Hello, On Monday I started the download of Stardew Valley in the Xbox app, but stopped it shortly after, because it doesnt support crossplay with Steam. On Wednesday I then tried to install...
  10. Xbox beta app cant download games & Cant cancel them either

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox beta app cant download games & Cant cancel them either: After downloading 3 some games it seems the app is stuck at QUEUED 0% for each game i try to download. I tried to cancel them all and redownload but that didnt work. I canceled them all again...