I can’t buy MW2 Vault Edition on my account

Discus and support I can’t buy MW2 Vault Edition on my account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother bought Modern Warfare 2 cross gen bundle, and we’ve been sharing the game on each other’s consoles. But since then I haven’t been able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Poseidon_566, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Poseidon_566
    Poseidon_566 Guest

My brother bought Modern Warfare 2 cross gen bundle, and we’ve been sharing the game on each other’s consoles. But since then I haven’t been able to purchase the vault edition of the game. Went into my brothers account, and then I could buy it, but I literally can’t buy it on my account. It’s downloaded on my xbox, but my account can’t access it, only my brother’s account do.

:)

Poseidon_566, Feb 13, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

This issue is likely related to how Xbox handles game licenses and ownership. When a game is purchased, the license is tied to the Xbox account that made the purchase. Sharing games between multiple Xbox accounts is possible through the "Home Xbox" feature, which allows multiple users to share access to a library of digital games, but it has some limitations.

It sounds like in your case, the Vault Edition of Modern Warfare 2 is not showing up as available for purchase on your account because it is not the account that owns the license for the base game. To resolve this issue, you may need to purchase the Vault Edition directly on the account that owns the license for the base game. Alternatively, you could consider setting your brother's account as your "Home Xbox," which would allow you to share his game library, including any DLC, across both consoles.
  3. ngocphi Win User

help with denial of refund

If you look at your account.Microsoft.com it would probably be the charge for the cross gen mw2

HOWEVEr if you are trying to refund the mw 2 cross gen then no as mentioned you played it

Mw2 vault edition. Is a upgrade to the base game not a replacement

You wouldve had to buy the cross gen to play vault edition

I don't think you realize what you bought

When you buy the vault edition you MUST have the base game to play it

The vault edition code only gives you the additional dlc NOT THE game
  4. KindGryphon Win User

I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the rewards.

Maybe what I did was something very dumb but I thought I can get the MW2 rewards like the zombie ghost and then the weapons in Battle royale later just by buying the vault upgrade. My question here is I need the full game to claim the upgrade or I need to wait or it was something else.
    You definitely need mw3. All you bought was the vault edition upgrade which is for people who already have the standard edition of mw3 and wanted to upgrade to the vault edition.

So without owning the standard edition of mw3 the vault edition upgrade is essentially useless to you.
  5. Hunter Johnson1 Win User

After the release of CoD: Modern Warfare 2, would I be able to upgrade to Vault Edition?

I am also trying to upgrade my MW2 to the vault edition. In the MW2 store it says $30 but when I go to check out it is $100 + tax.
  6. Zakk09 Win User

Modern Warfare 2 2022 Vault edition

Hi I kinda have the same question so I'm gamesharing with my friend and he has mw2 vault edition to but it won't let me play it because it gives me the same error message that I need to buy it.
Thema:

1. I can’t buy MW2 Vault Edition on my account - Similar Threads - can’t buy MW2

2. Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?: It said I redeem it and it shows that I have it on my account but when I try to buy something in game it’s not showing it. 1f4c71a3-4dd3-4bec-8620-c0318a68551e
  3. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  4. Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store with my Microsoft balance.: I can’t buy vbucks in the Microsoft store. I put the money in the Microsoft balance but it doesn’t let me buy it in Fortnite or Microsoft store so can someone please help me?...
  5. I can’t buy anything on the Minecraft marketplace

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t buy anything on the Minecraft marketplace: Hi, so, every time I try to buy something on the Minecraft marketplace, it keeps saying sorry, we couldn’t complete your purchase. Maybe check your internet connection? And I see it all the time!...
  6. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...
  7. Refunded game I can’t buy again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refunded game I can’t buy again: I recently bought NBA2k24 and I bought the game with the wrong card so I refunded it and now I can’t buy the game again. The refund went through. Is there any way i can fix this?...
  8. I can’t buy minecraft realm on any of my devices

in XBoX on Windows
    I can’t buy minecraft realm on any of my devices: Hello when I try to buy Minecraft realms It says something went wrong with no more information 3cf58b3e-5236-4791-8bf5-b8fb3c7bc5ac
  9. I can’t buy literally anything it says I have to ask a parent but they get nothing what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t buy literally anything it says I have to ask a parent but they get nothing what...: I go to buy something in fortnite but it says ask for permission and I do and it does NOTHING. I really want to get something with my card but it won’t let me. I am pretty frustrated with this so...
  10. Why can’t I buy skate 2 it’s unavailable still

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I buy skate 2 it’s unavailable still: Title says it all skate 2 shows up on store but unavailable for purchase e5c101ea-240b-4448-8100-a0cbd2a77405