I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

Discus and support I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bryan Jacomin, Apr 8, 2024.

1. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine

my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable

***moving this thread to en-us because the topic is posted using en-us locale.

:)

Bryan Jacomin, Apr 8, 2024
  2. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Bryan Jacomin,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems you're facing an issue with enabling Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) on your Xbox Series S while using an LG UltraGear 144Hz monitor with an HDMI 2.1 cable. Let's troubleshoot this together!

Here are some steps you can try:

- Check Monitor Compatibility:

- Confirm that your LG UltraGear monitor supports Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). Not all monitors are compatible with this feature.

- Verify that your monitor's firmware is up to date.

- Xbox Series S Settings:

- On your Xbox Series S, navigate to the Settings:

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system, then go to Settings.

- Choose General, and then select TV & display options.

- Look for the Auto Low Latency Mode option. If it's grayed out, proceed to the next step.

- Video Settings:

- Under TV & display options, select Video fidelity & overscan.

- Check the Color depth setting. Ensure it's set to a value that works best for your monitor.

- Note: Color depth determines how much color information per pixel is sent to the TV or monitor.

- Adjust the Color space setting:

- Standard (recommended): Optimal reference level for most displays.

- PC RGB: Recommended only if you're using a PC monitor and colors from the "Standard" setting don't look optimal.

- Monitor Settings:

- Access your LG UltraGear monitor's OSD menu:

- Look for an option related to AMD FreeSync or variable refresh rate (VRR).

- Enable AMD FreeSync Premium Pro (if available). This feature helps prevent screen tearing and stuttering.

- Confirm the resolution and refresh rate settings on both the monitor and Xbox Series S.

- Game Mode on the Monitor:

- Turn on Game Mode (if available) on your LG UltraGear monitor. This can help reduce input latency.

- Disable any video enhancement or filters that might affect latency.

- Different HDMI Cable:

- Try using a different HDMI cable. Sometimes cable issues can cause compatibility problems.

- Ensure that the cable you're using supports HDMI 2.1 specifications.

For your reference, you may check this link: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. - AJ - Win User

Please assist question underneath

Hi, Chris! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

"Auto low-latency mode" allows games to switch a TV into auto low-latency mode (Game Mode).

For your reference, the following information has been quoted from an official Xbox Support article:

"Auto low-latency mode (also known as “game mode”) lets the console tell the display to change latency modes when a game is launched, and then revert after you quit a game."

"Note: Low-latency mode is achieved by the TV disabling its processing features that would otherwise introduce latency. Disabling these processing features may affect picture quality—HDR colors can appear washed out, and contrast and backlighting can appear off because of the trade-off for low latency. Turn off this feature if you don’t like the picture quality."

Source - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/change-tv-display-resolution

------

I tried looking up your monitor, but I can't seem to find it without its model number. My apologies.

Unless your monitor has a "Game Mode" you can enable, you will continue to see this setting grayed out.

Best regards.
  5. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
  6. sergiogiraldo Win User

Starfield keeps crashing to the xbox dashboard. Where is the fix for that?

Just try disabling low latency mode in your Xbox or Game mode in your TV
Thema:

1. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - can't activate low

2. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. Can't activate "fly" icon on Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't activate "fly" icon on Microsoft Flight Simulator: Recently purchased XBOX series X, Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe 40th edition and Velocity One hardware. When I boot up the simulator it tells me that I am on line and signed in, but...
  5. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...
  6. Can't get to the payment method in the Xbox dev mode activation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't get to the payment method in the Xbox dev mode activation: Good morning, I've been having a problem, I wan to create a developer account for my Xbox series x, I enter the form where I choose my region, type of account and my personal data, I fill the ones...
  7. Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...: Made the family and saved all the information stating that he can talk and communicate with online people, play cross platform, nothing is age restricted I dont understand why his account is...
  8. Is my account suspended cuz I can't activate my cards

in XBoX on Windows
    Is my account suspended cuz I can't activate my cards: I can't activate my gift cards every time I purchase them and try to ask something it always says something went wrong and I can't confirm it 40d2e75a-cedb-4586-978c-2f722335ecc6
  9. i can't unlock my account due to "suspicious activity" and i need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't unlock my account due to "suspicious activity" and i need help: So, here's the deal, I come home and I want to play on my Xbox, but my account has been Flagged for suspicious activity. So I go to submit a form so I can get it unlocked, but I've done that about...
  10. I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to Xbox Live on my 360 titles despite having an active Gold membership: I am unable to connect to Xbox Live on my 360 games despite having an active Xbox Live Gold membership. Does the membership included with game pass ultimate not carry over to 360 titles anymore? I...