I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...

Discus and support I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been unable to recover my Outlook account that I use for my Xbox profile using the online recovery option. I have filled out the form that it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tyler Palfrey, Dec 12, 2023.

1. I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...

I have been unable to recover my Outlook account that I use for my Xbox profile using the online recovery option. I have filled out the form that it gives me many times with all of the information I know and it’s never enough. Both the phone number and the password for the account have been changed without my permission. Is there any other way for me to regain my account since the normal way hasn’t worked? If not, is there any way for me to remove my Xbox account from the email and move it to another one if I can’t access the email?

:)

Tyler Palfrey, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t worked.

Hi Tyler P, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are going through this situation, unfortunately the only recovery method currently is through the form since Support and here in the forum cannot help you with this type of problem since we are not authorized, keep in mind that this is only a User-to-User public forum where we help each other with any "Easy" problem that we are presenting, this means that we are not Microsoft Employees.

Having said this, as I mentioned before, the only option is through the form. You also mention if it is possible to delete your email and associate it with another account. I think it is not possible since, as I mentioned before, we do not have access to the accounts of other users since We are not Microsoft employees, you can get more information in the following Microsoft community thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d95e43d4-ef64-41f3-bac2-eca2116a8e4e

I wish I could give you better help, but unfortunately I'm just a player like you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. muneeb ijaz Win User

What to do if my email has been used to make 2 Xbox accounts?

The thing is I don’t have access to the email used when creating the original Xbox account, the account was created around 9 years ago and my email has changed from the one used on my Xbox account. It was never an issue as the password was always working. I do have access to the recovery email but there hasn’t been an email there detailing security changes. What should I do moving forward? Im not sure how to cancel my Xbox game pass subscription as I can’t login to the original account to cancel it.
  4. xbox360italy Win User

Add new email to xbox account

Hello,

If you can't use any of the password reset options, you can still get access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to Recover your Microsoft account,
    follow the steps in the section above, and choose I can’t use any of these options. Then, follow the prompts to complete the online account recovery form to recover your account.

To help maintain security for your Microsoft account, you will be prompted for several pieces of identification information that you provided when you initially set up your Microsoft account.

Tips for completing the online account recovery form

• Provide an alternate email address – make sure you have access to this email address so that we can send your account information to you.
    • Answer as many questions as you can.
    • Use the information you provided when you created the account or last updated it.
    • Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.
    • Keep in mind that your email address may be country-specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” instead of “hotmail.com.”

What can I expect once I complete the online form?

After you complete the online account recovery form, you'll receive an email acknowledging that your request has been received, and you'll receive a response to that request within 24 hours.
  5. xbox360italy Win User

Forgot password

Hello,

If you can't use any of the password reset options, you can still get access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to Recover your Microsoft
    account
    , follow the steps in the section above, and choose I can’t use any of these options. Then, follow the prompts to complete the online account recovery form to recover your account.
  6. BriceMcMillan Win User

Cannot Log in to Xbox Live due to new Microsoft Account Requirement

Hey There,

Try this..

What to do if you can’t use any of the password reset options
    If you can't use any of the password reset options, you can still get access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to
    Recover your Microsoft account, follow the steps in the section above, and choose
    I can’t use any of these options. Then, follow the prompts to complete the online account recovery form to recover your account.

To help maintain security for your Microsoft account, you will be prompted for several pieces of identification information that you provided when you initially set up your Microsoft account.

Tips for completing the online account recovery form

• Provide an alternate email address – make sure you have access to this email address so that we can send your account information to you.
    • Answer as many questions as you can.
    • Use the information you provided when you created the account or last updated it.
    • Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.
    • Keep in mind that your email address may be country-specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” instead of “hotmail.com.”

Hope this helps
Thema:

I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...

1. I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t... - Similar Threads - can’t access email

2. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  3. Can’t access LFG features

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t access LFG features: This issue started about 2 years ago, I have no idea why or how to trouble shoot it, but out of nowhere, I have been unable to used ALL features regarding “Looking For Group” I have everything in...
  4. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  5. I can’t access my old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t access my old Xbox account: A few years ago I used to play Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox anymore & I don’t remember anything but my username. I need to sign in so I can cancel my Fortnite crew subscription. What do I do?...
  6. Why can’t I access grand theft auto?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access grand theft auto?: I’ve been playing GTA for a while and today I randomly couldn’t access it. It’s telling me to insert a disc in order to play grand theft auto. However, it was included in my game pass so I’ve...
  7. Can’t log into Xbox and don’t have access to old email or cell phone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t log into Xbox and don’t have access to old email or cell phone: I am trying to get help with logging into my Xbox account. (I’m using a family members log in right now since I can’t log into Microsoft at all.) It’s trying to send me the 2 step verification to...
  8. i have the xbox that is linked to the account to sign in, i just can’t access the email to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have the xbox that is linked to the account to sign in, i just can’t access the email to...: i have the xbox that is linked to the account to sign in, i just can’t access the email to reset the forgotten password 484a6470-33f0-48bd-b164-c1af4fe40bca
  9. How can I change the email associated with an Xbox account when I can’t access the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change the email associated with an Xbox account when I can’t access the email...: I just wanna change the email to an Xbox account (that I have used for many years) and I don’t have access anymore because the password was changed. Essentially it was created by my mom back when...
  10. I can’t access my email to my call of duty act to play on the gaming of

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t access my email to my call of duty act to play on the gaming of: I need help accessing my email act 05c20ca6-d5f3-4420-93f5-531db80fc505