I cannot type in Minecraft chat

Discus and support I cannot type in Minecraft chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So what happened was i sweared too much and got Xbox Commuication muted for 1 day . I got unblocked , and now I cant even chat in Minecraft . Pls help... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BhagyeshSutar, Aug 28, 2020.

1. I cannot type in Minecraft chat

So what happened was i sweared too much and got Xbox Commuication muted for 1 day . I got unblocked , and now I cant even chat in Minecraft . Pls help
    I cannot type in Minecraft chat [​IMG]

:)

BhagyeshSutar, Aug 28, 2020
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Cannot chat in minecraft

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Andersonpasos, recommends the following steps for a solution.

Possibly it's your NAT

What is NAT?

NAT is nothing more than a protocol that translates IP addresses and TCP ports from the local network to the Internet. That is, the packet to be sent or received from your workstation on your local network goes to the server where your IP is exchanged for the IP of the server and the replacement of the IP of the local network validates the sending of the packet on the Internet. . When returning the package the same thing happens, but in reverse. Which ensures that the package reaches its destination.

Why is NAT important?
    Your NAT type, combined with the NAT type of other players, determines whether you can use multiplayer games or group chats successfully. The following tables illustrate the differences between NAT types. And depending on your NAT type, who you can play multiplayer games with and who you can listen to in a group chat.

OPEN NAT

You can chat with other people, as well as host and play multiplayer games with people who have some type of NAT on the network.

MODERATE NAT

You can chat and participate in multiplayer games with some people; However, you may not listen to or play with others and you probably won't be chosen to host a match.

STRICT NAT
    You can chat and play multiplayer games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You cannot be chosen to organize a match.

NAT AVAILABLE

You won't be able to use group chat or connect to multiplayer games on some Xbox Live titles.
    On your Windows 10 you can:

Change DNS:

Click Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center;
    In the Network and Sharing Center, click Change adapter settings;
    Now right click on Ethernet and select Properties. The Ethernet Properties window will open, select TCP/IPv4 and click the Properties button.
    On the General tab, select Use the following DNS addresses:
    Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

Note: This DNS address is from OPEN DNS (Cisco). You can also use Google DNS: Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8, Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4.

Tip: You may also need to manually enter these DNS addresses into your router and disable the IPv6 protocol. In this case, consult the manual of your operator or router.

Ports required to use Xbox Live
    These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)
    Note: Some game developers require you to open additional ports. Always check the developer's website to see if the game needs additional ports to run. We've collected information on some ports you may need and added them to the Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Games forum.

If you are connected to a network at your workplace or school, ask your network administrator to open them.

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/cf2608c0-4030-4616-8ef0-9d4c424e2541

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Cannot Chat in Multiplayer Minecraft

Thanks for the information.

Try these steps again:

Try to make the chat settings “shown” in the app and not hidden. Also click on “allow” to all of the options under Xbox live settings and click “Everyone” option to all the settings in it.

Let me know how it goes.
  4. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Kei,

I'm Anirban and I'll be happy to help you.

Try to remove your profile and re-add it and see how it goes.

Kind regards
  5. Kei H Win User

I did so, and the problem is still there unfortunately. I tried it twice to be sure, but the problem is still there. Thanks for the reply.
  6. maxen Win User

Party chat

Hello Ported,

No, you do not need to be streaming in order to use party chat. You can use party chat directly from the Windows 10 app.

As regards Minecraft, unfortunately there the answer is no. You cannot at this time connect to people on Minecraft Xbox One from the Windows 10 version.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
Thema:

I cannot type in Minecraft chat

1. I cannot type in Minecraft chat - Similar Threads - cannot type Minecraft

2. Cannot type in microsoft virtual agent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot type in microsoft virtual agent: not working...........................no cursor to allow typing problem Original title/subject: (microsoft virtual agent) 527501e2-26cc-407b-ac88-7048364daca6
  3. xbox (on PC) multiplayer not working (Teredo cannot qualify & NAT type moderate)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox (on PC) multiplayer not working (Teredo cannot qualify & NAT type moderate): I've been trying to play fh4 & fh5 with friends and "Teredo cannot qualify" keeps randomly popping up. Usually I press the windows "fix it" button and restart the PC and it works, but sometimes it...
  4. xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 无法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 [NAT type teredo in the xbox network Teredo cannot...

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 无法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 [NAT type teredo in the xbox network Teredo cannot...: xbox 网络中的NAT类型 teredo 法进行限定 服务器链接也被阻止 开 速器也 法进入在线模式游戏 [Translation-NAT type teredo in the xbox network teredo cannot qualify The server link is also blocked The accelerator cannot enter the...
  5. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71
  6. Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot type in a gamertag to whom I am trying to message: @XboxSupport Why can't I manually enter a name where it says "0/11 To:"? I can only message friends and not recent players. How do I message recent players/those not on my friend list? Recently...
  7. Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find Teredo IP adress and NAT type is strict/unavaible: On my PS4, everything on my connection is fine, and that nat type is open. I have no trouble with any multiplayer features. I recently got an Xbox one, and when I check the multiplayer connection,...
  8. I cannot receive game or party invites from people on my friends list. My NAT type is OPEN.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot receive game or party invites from people on my friends list. My NAT type is OPEN.: I am unable to receive party or game invites from friends. This happens usually while I'm at the dashboard trying to connect with friends playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered. As stated...
  9. Your account cannot make this type of purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your account cannot make this type of purchase: Hello. Whenever I try and purchase an Avatar item, I get an error message saying that my account cannot make this type of purchase on Xbox.com, please purchase on your Xbox... I was using my Xbox...
  10. HHEELLLPPP!!!!! I cannot request help via chat or phone because it will not let me type in my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HHEELLLPPP!!!!! I cannot request help via chat or phone because it will not let me type in my ...: HHHHHEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!! I cannot request help via chat or phone because it will not let me type in my first and last name and I have tried 3 browsers. I cannot access XBOX Live. I have wasted...