I cannot transfer funds to my son

Discus and support I cannot transfer funds to my son in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have $25 in my parent account. I want to transfer it to my son so he can buy a game. But when i go to do so, the microsoft.com payment option is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaveKitabjian, Mar 28, 2020.

1. I cannot transfer funds to my son

I have $25 in my parent account. I want to transfer it to my son so he can buy a game. But when i go to do so, the microsoft.com payment option is grayed out even though it does show the $25 balance.

I had this problem last week and somehow I got a human on the phone who couldn’t figure out how to fix it but thinks the system locked our account because it thought it was hacked. But this is a brand new xbox and it was the first game we tried to
    buy. Horrible experience btw. PS4 never gave us this hassle.

After about an hour on the phone the guy finally put $1 in my kids account to cover the tax which is why he needed my funds and he got the game. He said the main account issue should clear up in a day or so. Well now it’s a week later and we tried
    another game and we’re still stuck. And i cant find any way to get a human on the phone nor do any of the online help solutions help.

This is so exasperating. If it were still winter i could throw the xbox in the fireplace and at least heat the house for a while. But now i dont know what to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dave

:)

DaveKitabjian, Mar 28, 2020
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I have $25 in my parent account. I want to transfer it to my son so he can buy a game. But when i go to do so, the microsoft.com payment option is grayed out even though it does show the $25 balance.

I had this problem last week and somehow I got a human on the phone who couldn’t figure out how to fix it but thinks the system locked our account because it thought it was hacked. But this is a brand new xbox and it was the first game we tried to
    buy. Horrible experience btw. PS4 never gave us this hassle.

After about an hour on the phone the guy finally put $1 in my kids account to cover the tax which is why he needed my funds and he got the game. He said the main account issue should clear up in a day or so. Well now it’s a week later and we tried
    another game and we’re still stuck. And i cant find any way to get a human on the phone nor do any of the online help solutions help.

This is so exasperating. If it were still winter i could throw the xbox in the fireplace and at least heat the house for a while. But now i dont know what to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dave

[​IMG]
    If gift is not working you can buy the game on your account and set your home to your sons xbox
  3. DaveKitabjian Win User

Probably your easiest solution is to gift games to your son until,this is resolved.
    Thanks. That’s what i thought i was doing. Perhaps i should have given him the redemption code and he could have entered it directly in his account?
  4. JodiBrennan Win User

Dave,

Did you ever get this figured out? I also used gift cards my son had and put those on my family account so I could control it. I now have bought something for him on Madden and he cannot have access to it. I agree this is beyond frustrating for sure.
    So stupid you cant transfer that.

Let me know if you found out anything.

Thanks.

Jodi
  5. DaveKitabjian Win User

And for the record, here’s what happens when i try to add funds to my account using paypal. This was the original problem and why i was advised to get an xbox card. Now that $25 is trapped in my parent account.

[​IMG]
  6. DaveKitabjian Win User

Eu nunca tentei fazer esse processo , mas pra mim a melhor forma em tranferir digamos assim seria presentear ele com algum jogo que ele queira compra com este valor.
    it looks like this is Portuguese for:

” I never tried to do this process, but for me the best way to transfer it, say so, would be to give him a game that he wants to buy at this price.”

And how do i “give him a game”? I don’t know how to do this.
Thema:

1. I cannot transfer funds to my son - Similar Threads - cannot transfer funds

2. How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms...: How do I transfer my Minecraft worlds from my Xbox One to my PC? I cannot use realms because it says that I cannot play online due to the way my Microsoft Account is set up. I tried allowing all...
  3. Cant transfer item (This item cannot be transferred between profiles.)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant transfer item (This item cannot be transferred between profiles.): I'm trying to install a world for minecraft xbox 360 from the internet, and it wont let me copy or move the file to my hard drive because the file has an unknown owner. any help? Edit: if you're...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) Code redeemed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) Code redeemed...: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (I cannot transfer to my new gaming computer) My code was redeemed on HP Desktop I7 with poor graphics card. I have uninstalled the game on the HP and I would...
  5. How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?: I have been using my gamertag for 15 years on my Xbox360. The email it was set up and attached to is no longer available to me as it was an old work email. Xbox live sent a request (out of the...
  6. Cannot delete or transfer owmership of club

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot delete or transfer owmership of club: Hey. I am on a child account and I have made a social club which I cannot get rid of. If I try and delete it or transfer it's ownership from the Xbox, then it says "That didn't work" and "Sorry,...
  7. Cannot upload music library to new Xbox one X, says drive full after 20gb transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot upload music library to new Xbox one X, says drive full after 20gb transfer: I recently purchased my first xbox, a One X. My intention was to use it as a central media device for both music and games in my living room so I wouldn't have to connect my laptop to our TV....
  8. CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER MONEY TO A CHILD IN A FAMILY ACCOUNT

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER MONEY TO A CHILD IN A FAMILY ACCOUNT: I am SOOO beyond frustrated with this company. I am a parent with a child with his OWN ACCOUNT under my family umbrella. I choose whether he has the ability to make purchases or not, and have...
  9. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Transfer Club Ownership: Followup of Cannot Transfer Club Ownership as I am no longer able to respond there. Unfortunately the ownership transfer eventually went through, but the person I transferred it to was...
  10. Cannot Transfer Club Ownership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Transfer Club Ownership: I've been trying for the past 3 days to transfer club ownership, and have tried transferring it to 5 different club admins but it just will not work! The admins do not already have ownership of...