I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

Discus and support I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Problem: I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robert Lintun, Dec 25, 2023.

1. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

Problem:

I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after credential entered, push notification was success, but verifying windows with PIN always failed. The error says "The PIN is incorrect". It was correct windows PIN for the account logged in on that same PC. OS is Windows 11.

Attempted troubleshooting steps: cleared cache credential, changed PIN, uninstall / reinstall Minecraft and Minecraft Launcher altogether.

:)

Robert Lintun, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Mathias Sandhofer Win User

Can't change Microsoft accounts on Nintendo switch.

Hi Georges,

thank you for your answer. I disagree. The problem is with a Microsoft account within minecraft. The issue is definitely with Microsoft.

In Minecraft on switch there is a button to logout from Minecraft. When you login again, the authentication of the first Microsoft account which was logged into is prompted. There is no possibility to change the Microsoft account.

There is an additional button "Delete Microsoft account login data". If this is pressed you are asked, if you are sure. If you press yes, nothing happens. Nothing has changed with login either.

Can you help us, please?

Issue is, I connected the Switch Minecraft version with my adult Microsoft account. Now my son is old enough and I want, that he logs into the switch with his own account. But I cannot change the Microsoft login account of switch minecraft. :-(

Best

Mathias
  3. Kathy A. Win User

You're most welcome, Robert!

I can see your point and as by design, Windows PIN is the locked passcode/password of the PC. To ensure this will be illustrated well, just like your mobile phone when you set a pattern or passcode for lock screen, every time there is a change of the account or settings, (that would require verification of the mobile ownership) you will be prompted to enter the pattern or passcode of the mobile. Similar to your Windows device, Windows PIN is the device lock.

However, we are interested with the fix and idea you have in mind. Kindly share it to our Windows Team to improve Windows security. To do that, please use Feedback Hub app of your PC - Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).

Kind regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Robert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to switch Microsoft account in Minecraft Launcher, and you were prompted with an incorrect PIN. Just like any other apps in your PC, Windows PIN works like a device password. Windows PIN should match the same PIN when you unlock the PC. Minecraft launcher, on the other hand, sometimes requires the same credentials that is signed in on Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

• So, to ensure that you will be able to switch accounts, make sure to sign out from Minecraft launcher, Microsoft Store and Xbox app.
    • Followed by signing back into Microsoft Store, Xbox app and Minecraft Launcher.
    • When Windows PIN prompt, please use the Windows PIN for your PC, regardless of the account signed into the game.

Should issue persists, we may need assistance for this PC concern. Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal your personal information like email address and full name.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Robert Lintun1 Win User

use the Windows PIN for your PC, regardless of the account signed into the game.

This is the part I have never tried before. I just did and it worked. Many thanks for that.

Although it resolves the issue, It doesn't look right as login prompt was for different user / email that is to be switched, but the PIN belongs to windows PIN of current user which is misleading.

I hope Microsoft will fix it soon, there are a few ways to fix this scenario.
  6. Chelsey Schrand Win User

Trying to sign on to my Microsoft account on minecraft for switch.

This is not the first time I've signed into my Microsoft account for minecraft or Nintendo switch. I have tried multiple wifi connections, and the only error code it gives me is error code 500 and says xbox live cannot complete this request. I am able to log into my Microsoft account on the regular Microsoft website, just doesn't work for the website to connect it to my minecraft for nintendo switch
Thema:

1. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft - Similar Threads - cannot switch Microsoft

2. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  3. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  4. I used all my Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) but I still cannot make any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I used all my Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) but I still cannot make any...: I used my all Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) and I still cannot make anymore Xbox switches what should I do? Contact: [mod removed] 0c4db39e-565f-4c0a-a26e-c5c32c9ca768
  5. Cannot log back into Minecraft Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log back into Minecraft Switch: Hi, I have got Minecraft on two different switches, and have at least 3 users for my family members. At some point, one uer got logged out on one of the switches, and I cannot go back in on that...
  6. My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...: My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a Microsoft Account and a Nintendo Account. Sign in with both accounts to join servers...
  7. Cannot switch microsoft accounts for the xbox apps.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot switch microsoft accounts for the xbox apps.: Hello! I'm having issues with logging into my microsoft account on games. I'm logged onto my pc with a different microsoft account than what I play games with. To explain this better, here's an...
  8. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.: So whenever I go to Minecraft on the Nintendo switch and I type in the code on my phone and type in my password, it will say that I can safely close the window, so I do. When I go back to...
  9. "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch: I have been trying to change how my account is set up for about an hour and a half now and nothing appears to be working or even trying to help me figure out what is going on. I can play with...
  10. I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch: it doesnt sign in since yesterday, everytime after the remiteconnect it says on the screen “we tried to sign you in to your micrososft account, but something went wrong...