I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

Discus and support I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by chris heger, Dec 13, 2023.

1. chris heger
    chris heger Guest

When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically.

I have tried repair and reset and uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help.

:)

chris heger, Dec 13, 2023
  2. chris heger Win User

Actually installing Xbox Identity Provider on my pc allowed for it to work. I was wanting to play the game bought on one account through another account. If I would change the account on the store and app it would not let me play it then. (Kind of like Xbox home xbox option) worked now though so thank you.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello chris,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you would like to easily switch accounts on Xbox app. To smoothly change the accounts signed into Xbox app, you may try to make use of the Microsoft Store.

Microsoft Store and Xbox app should share same credentials to make games read the account license it is associated with. In your case, if you would like to switch accounts every now and then you may try to perform it by:

1. Close Xbox app and Xbox Game bar if using.
    2. Launch Microsoft Store.
    3. Sign out the account on Microsoft Store.
    4. Launch Xbox app and sign out from the app.
    5. If issue persists, you may have to restart device.

We hope that helps! If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for sharing the resolution, chris.

We are pleased to know that everything is up and running now.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Kind regards,

5. andersonpassos Win User

How to switch Xbox account on Windows 11

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

To switch Xbox account on Windows 11, try the following steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Accounts.

Select Email & accounts.

Click on the Microsoft account associated with the Xbox app.

Click on Manage.

Click on Remove.

Re-add the Microsoft account you want to use.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

If the above steps don't work, you can also try clearing the Xbox app's cache by following these steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Apps.

Find the Xbox app and click on it.

Click on Advanced options.

Click on Reset.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

These steps should help you switch Xbox accounts on Windows 11.
  6. JosephAMayo Win User

Xbox One app (Windows 10) Streaming - Microphone not Working

Thema:

1. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop - Similar Threads - cannot switch between

2. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft: Problem: I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after credential entered, push notification was success,...
  3. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  4. I used all my Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) but I still cannot make any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I used all my Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) but I still cannot make any...: I used my all Xbox switches but they renew today (08/05/23) and I still cannot make anymore Xbox switches what should I do? Contact: [mod removed] 0c4db39e-565f-4c0a-a26e-c5c32c9ca768
  5. Cannot log back into Minecraft Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log back into Minecraft Switch: Hi, I have got Minecraft on two different switches, and have at least 3 users for my family members. At some point, one uer got logged out on one of the switches, and I cannot go back in on that...
  6. My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a...: My Nintendo switch on minecraft says "you cannot join cross platform games without both a Microsoft Account and a Nintendo Account. Sign in with both accounts to join servers...
  7. I cannot figure out how to use my custom skin on xbox and nintendo switch in minecraft 1.19.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot figure out how to use my custom skin on xbox and nintendo switch in minecraft 1.19.: So I have a skin I made and I am able to use it on my laptop, but when I go into Minecraft on either Nintendo Switch or Xbox, it shows up as a random skin. I used it in-game, and then closed the...
  8. Cannot switch to online xbox x, Flight sim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot switch to online xbox x, Flight sim: Changed earth-net cable, re-booted both xbox x and modem/router, wired connection says: hardware problem network not set-up. Wired connection used to work, same network. I set up wireless network,...
  9. I cannot switch account on xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch account on xbox app.: I am trying to switch accounts on the XBOX app but when I click on switch accounts it does not do anything. 5bcda6c1-c808-4326-81cf-0df7833c9a4f
  10. Cannot switch accounts Minecraft PE

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot switch accounts Minecraft PE: Hi, I am trying to switch accounts. To paint the picture (because I can't edit out my details in a screenshot) 1. Open minecraft PE 2. Tap Sign in 3. Be offered one account 4. Cancel 5. Tap...