I cannot switch account on xbox app.

Discus and support I cannot switch account on xbox app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to switch accounts on the XBOX app but when I click on switch accounts it does not do anything. 5bcda6c1-c808-4326-81cf-0df7833c9a4f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Celso Munoz, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Celso Munoz
    Celso Munoz Guest

I am trying to switch accounts on the XBOX app but when I click on switch accounts it does not do anything.

:)

Celso Munoz, Apr 4, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Celso!! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account that has the game pass and should change the store account.

Then open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, try to start the Xbox app again.
  3. Vinny #1 Win User

How do I switch between two accounts on minecraft bedrock (PC)?

You can switch accounts through the Microsoft Store or through the Xbox app. However, games cannot be shared on the PC.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Xbox App on PC- Cannot switch accounts

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dpt124, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

have-12d35019-4da9-0cb1-ba47-f8b031b712ad

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  5. Dpt124 Win User

Xbox App on PC- Cannot switch accounts

This is ridiculous. I spent a ton of money on a pc I cannot game on because I cannot use my correct account. Might as well by a MAC and a PS5
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Cannot switch microsoft accounts for the xbox apps.

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. I cannot switch account on xbox app. - Similar Threads - cannot switch account

2. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft: Problem: I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after credential entered, push notification was success,...
  3. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  4. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  5. Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.: So whenever I go to Minecraft on the Nintendo switch and I type in the code on my phone and type in my password, it will say that I can safely close the window, so I do. When I go back to...
  6. Cannot Switch Xbox Account - Windows 11 PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Switch Xbox Account - Windows 11 PC: It feels like the Xbox app has now been intentionally designed to stop you being able to switch accounts for Xbox on PC. I have an email address for Windows which is separate from my old...
  7. My Switch cannot connect to my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Switch cannot connect to my account: I have logged in multiple times with multiple accounts and none of them will connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times and I have restarted the game more then I can...
  8. "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up." Nintendo Switch: I have been trying to change how my account is set up for about an hour and a half now and nothing appears to be working or even trying to help me figure out what is going on. I can play with...
  9. I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for nintendo switch: it doesnt sign in since yesterday, everytime after the remiteconnect it says on the screen “we tried to sign you in to your micrososft account, but something went wrong...
  10. Xbox live账户无法切换区域 [Xbox Live account cannot switch area]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live账户无法切换区域 [Xbox Live account cannot switch area]: 我的账号之前从来没有进行过切换区域的操作,所以应该不存在三个月内只允许转换一次区域的限制。但现在切换区域会提示我发生错误,导致我 法领取金会员免费的Xbox 360游戏也 法领取之前购买战争机器4所附 的360版前作。 Translation: [My account has never been switched to a switching area before, so there...