I cannot sign up for Xbox Live. 'The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game ...

Discus and support I cannot sign up for Xbox Live. 'The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a 3 month prepaid Xbox 360 Live membership. Excited to start, I tried to sign up. So after hitting the sign up option, a Game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DT Titan009, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DT Titan009
    DT Titan009 Guest

I cannot sign up for Xbox Live. 'The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game ...

Hello, I just purchased a 3 month prepaid Xbox 360 Live membership. Excited to start, I tried to sign up. So after hitting the sign up option, a Game error occurs. it states: "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." What does this mean?
    How do I get it to work so I can enjoy Xbox Live?

:)

DT Titan009, Nov 27, 2015
  2. JuanCho 803
    JuanCho 803 Guest
    Game couldn't start Try downloading the game again

So potentially it may be the end for my xbox?

JuanCho 803, Nov 27, 2015
  3. JuanCho 803
    JuanCho 803 Guest

Whenever I try recovering my gamertag I constantly get this message! I tried formatting my hard drive and clearing the system cache but neither do anything. How do I get rid of it and recover my profile?

JuanCho 803, Nov 27, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Nov 28, 2015
  5. AntoineFranklin Win User

360 issues with Live/downloaded games

Need help please. My son has a 360 and today I signed up to Live Gold so he can play online/download games etc. I downloaded the 2 free games (MX unleashed and Red Faction 2). After waiting ages to download they both then came up with error saying "The game
    couldn't start. Try downloading the game again"

Which I've done and same issue. Any suggestions?

TIA.
    Thanks for the heads up
  6. MetroPlum237 Win User

Xbox originals games come up with "the game couldn't start. try downloading again"

just so its clear when i tried other Xbox original games they were discs not downloaded and they still came up with "the game couldn't start. try downloading again".
  7. Antillion Win User

That's a good one for the phone support team, most likely it's related to your storage device and a format may not have been enough if it's failing.
  8. JuanCho 803 Win User

So potentially it may be the end for my xbox?
  9. Smwutches Win User

The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.

Thema:

1. I cannot sign up for Xbox Live. 'The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game ... - Similar Threads - cannot sign Live

2. Cannot Sign into Xbox live 360 or redownload my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign into Xbox live 360 or redownload my account: Hello, when I try to sign into Xbox live 360 (Xbox live on the Xbox 360) I immediately get disconnected from Xbox live and cannot reconnect and when I try to re-download my account, I met with an...
  3. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  4. cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot download Xbox live profile. It says I have a problem with my sign in credentials..: Hi, completely logged out and remove my account from my Xbox. I am now trying to download the profile again, when I put my name and password in, it goes to download it immediately. It then tells...
  5. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  6. Cannot login to Fortnite message says unable to sign in to your account for Xbox live try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot login to Fortnite message says unable to sign in to your account for Xbox live try...: Cannot login to fortnite on any console. Error message says unable to sign in to your account for Xbox live f590f8ed-953c-4172-bf6e-754468c6c35f
  7. i cannot sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot sign into xbox live: i cant sign onto xbox live 3982b502-c0ae-46d4-9a18-5e381f7ba63d
  8. cannot sign in to xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot sign in to xbox live: help??? So basically I have bought this game on steam, and it is asking me to login to xbox live (i have not owened an xbox in 14 years) and it asks for my phone number and email adress....
  9. I cannot sign in to my Xbox Live account on the Xbox 360 S.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox Live account on the Xbox 360 S.: I cannot sign in to my Xbox Live account on the Xbox 360 S. I am unable to sign into my Xbox Live account on the Xbox 360 S. My Xbox account is (or ArtEcho#5928). I removed my account from the...
  10. Cannot sign in to Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot sign in to Xbox live: Hello Microsoft community experts!! I am unable to sign-in to my Xbox account. I play Asphalt 9 on windows 10 and for the past 1 week, I am unable to login to Xbox. What are the possible fixes I...