I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

Discus and support I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Vincent Nahm, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Vincent Nahm
    Vincent Nahm Guest

I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options.

I've tried all of the store and app reset commands, I've tried verifying my windows install, I've tried reinstalling windows entirely, and i've tried resetting my password to force a login. It should be noted with that last one it did load noticeably longer before failing. I think it might be on Microsoft's end, but I'd love a way to fix it faster.

Alternatively, if there's a way for me to join and host games without the Gamebar or Xbox app, that would be perfect.

:)

Vincent Nahm, Feb 10, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: