I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X

Discus and support I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I still have 4 switches left and when marking for home console on my Xbox One X, I encounter error saying Unable to Save Changes. This happens to all... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TrietNguyen3, Feb 25, 2022.

1. TrietNguyen3
    TrietNguyen3 Guest

I still have 4 switches left and when marking for home console on my Xbox One X, I encounter error saying Unable to Save Changes.

This happens to all other accounts( new or old ).

I have tried reseting console, restoring console, reseting networks, using 3 different networks.

:)

TrietNguyen3, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I am happy to know that it's working now!
  3. TrietNguyen3 Win User

I took a risk!

Reset everything on my Xbox, including other Home accounts.

It worked.

Seemingly some OS updates recently is the culprit!
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi TrietNguyen3, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In this case, please perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below accordingly including the waiting period.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. TrietNguyen3 Win User

Hi Francia,

I've already tried power cycle, hard reset console, restore console from insider to official. From other threads, I also already tried renaming account, changing password.

It happens to all accounts that can be set as Home.
  6. LGILLY79 Win User

Accessing Xbox games on multiple xboxes

Thanks PalmettoBling.

Let me elaborate :). My son uses Xbox One and all games are installed on that console either under his profile, my profile or my daughters profile. The Xbox X will be used by my daughter and the reason for this was so that they could play with each other
    on games where they previously could not because the game was one player. We have Xbox Live and have it set up via family where I am the parent. Before Christmas I chatted with support and the person I spoke to confirmed that as long as the Xbox One was set
    as the home console, my daughter would be able to pick up her games on the Xbox X...this is what I cannot get to work. Should I be setting 'home' under my profile (being parent) on the Xbox One? Or under my son's profile?

I cannot seem to find a web chat support option anymore, so apologies for bombarding you with a million questions ;).
Thema:

1. I cannot set my Home console on my Xbox One X - Similar Threads - cannot set Home

2. Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up- on Minescraft on PS5: We are getting this message : Cannot play multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.... Please ensure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer...etc. My son is trying to...
  3. I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play minecraft multiplayers even though i have changed my privacy setting (i am...: I cannot play minecraft multiplayer despite having changed the privacy settings. 1dbbc217-a165-4499-ae9f-7d7117f9c153
  4. “You cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “You cannot see content other people make because of how your account is set up”: I’ve started to receive this message when I load a multiplayer game up. I’ve checked other posts regarding this problem and done what Microsoft advisers have suggested but it’s not working, can...
  5. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  6. I cannot set my home xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot set my home xbox.: Here's what happened: Battlefield V says I'm a trial user. I'm using a friend's Gamepass Ultimate, so I should have EA Play.(UFC 4 works, so I know I do.) I decided to factory reset my xbox and...
  7. Cannot set new series x console to home

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot set new series x console to home: Hi I have seen this issue in a few threads with no resolve. I have 2 consoles, my personal and my sons. I have a series x and I just upgraded my sons console from an original XboxOne to the series...
  8. cannot set my home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot set my home Xbox: I should have enough switches left, as it tells me "You have 4 switches left," but when I try to set my home Xbox, I get an error saying "Unable to save changes - We are unable to connect to the...
  9. I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .: If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox anymore. I have read that you can do it with [Mod....
  10. I cannot set my account to "my home xbox"

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot set my account to "my home xbox": My friend made his account to "be my home xbox " because he thought that would be the only way he could play his games on my system, however i did not know it was a limit to this & now i cannot...