I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

Discus and support I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes . in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReAcTiOnEX, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ReAcTiOnEX
    ReAcTiOnEX Guest

I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

If MS support can do it now, please reset my 3x counter to 0 if such is the reason for not being able to set my friend's account as My Home Xbox anymore. I have read that you can do it with [Mod. Removed]. I could have reached the limit when I tried to fix
    my console issues with factory reset. My gt is :

I am unable to chat with support as it says my name , "Alejandre, Jr." is invalid (or too long?). Cannot edit the field too.

Thank you.

:)

ReAcTiOnEX, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Gamesharing Cancel

I recently just gameshared with a friend, allowed him to download my games and dlcs by allowing him to set his xbox as my home by giving him my email and password to my gamertag. Now i want to cancel this feature with that friend so i can gameshare with
    another person. All i have to do is go to settings and click make this my home xbox on my gtag? This will now not allow my friend who I am gamesharing with now to access my game library anymore and instead allow me to gameshare with someone else? Or do i have
    to tell my friend to make this my home xbox back on his regular gamertag he uses?

Views From La 6, Jan 5, 2016
  3. VintageKris
    VintageKris Guest
    Xbox one error - 0X803f800f

I am gamesharing with my brothers xbox. (My account is set on brothers xbox as home xbox and my brothers account is set in my xbox as home xbox)

I and my brother got For honor with Xbox live gold a while back. At this time i had xbox live gold and my brother also had xbox live gold (but we were already gamesharing).

If i faund out correctly, then if we are gamesharing we need only one xbox with gold, so i stopped my subscription.

Now when my subscription ended neither me or my brother cant play For Honor, althought he still is subscribed to xbox live gold. We both can play games online, also all other games we have got from xbox live. Just For honor is not working.

When we start the game we got error - 0X803f800f.

I have tried to hard reset xbox, remove my account and add it back, reinstalling the game. Nothing is not working.

What do we do?

Thanks in advance for any info.

VintageKris, Jan 5, 2016
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello,

This would be something you would have to take up with Phone Support, whose details you can find here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

However, please note that the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use do have language that prohibits the sharing of accounts (more of a security measure) and of gaining access to content to which you should not actually have access (i.e., that you did
    not pay for). The Home Xbox system was designed for a single household, to give users with two consoles access to games with a single purchase, not for sharing between friends/acquaintances/strangers.

Sharing profile login details is a security risk to yourself, but game sharing runs the risk of Enforcement actions against your account, so while you may technically and practically be able to get it to work it is not something we advise doing.

maxen, Jan 5, 2016
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    It is doubtful that you will get it reset. It is in place to prevent the misuse of the system which is exactly what it appears that you are attempting to do. As stated in the previous post by Maxen13 the sharing functionality was designed specifically
    for use within a single household with multiple consoles.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: