I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

Discus and support I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Noah Jansen, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Noah Jansen
    Noah Jansen Guest

I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my friends couldn't hear me. So far the only way to make others hear me is using this microphone to plug into my device. For some reason headphones don't work.

:)

Noah Jansen, Jun 3, 2024
  2. MsDareDevil Win User

Headset Troubleshooting

Correction. I can still hear game sounds on my new headset. I just can't hear other people talk.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

mic is not working when i try to talk but i can hear other people in the party and i can hear my game sound

Hi Pohkii! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In order for you to be able to chat in multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

mic is not working when i try to talk but i can hear other people in the party and i can hear my game sound

5. Arminator Win User

I can hear people talk but no one can hear me.

Before you check for networking issues, can you try the following:

Open up the messages tab on your console and compose a new message (since you don't send it, it doesn't matter to whom you send that message).

Instead of writing the message, press the microphone symbol and record a voice message.

Talk a few words, or goof off. Then finish the recording and listen to your message.

Did the microphone pick up your voice properly?

If yes, do the network checks that OK Fowl linked above.

If not, then it might be that your headset is not compatible with the Xbox controller. If you use a headset with 3.5mm plug and 3 rings on the plug, you should know that there are two standards for these plugs called OMTP and CTIA. Both standards have the
    microphone and ground connectors switched.

So if you have a headset that works on iPhones, chances are, that it will not work on Xbox controllers. For that you would need to get a OMTP to CTIA cable (since these cables only switch two contacts, a CTIA to OMTP cable is exactly the same).

And because these cables only switch two wires, these adapter cables are dirt cheap. If you pay more than the equivalent of a coffee to go for such a cable you're being ripped off.
  6. OK Fowl Win User

I can hear people talk but no one can hear me.

Thema:

1. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds. - Similar Threads - cannot seem talk

2. How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...: Recently my friend gave me their Xbox One S, because they said the console stopped working and the display didn't output anything. They thought I might be able to fix it so they offered it to me...
  3. Is red dead redemption 2 still available on gamepass I have looked and cannot seem to find...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is red dead redemption 2 still available on gamepass I have looked and cannot seem to find...: I have not been able to find the game b3b68183-73cb-4a05-a53a-614192b7070e
  4. Cannot seem to find insider content tab?

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot seem to find insider content tab?: Hi there, I have an issue with the new XBOX Insider Hub app. I'm new to it (haven't used it in 4 years) and I cannot seem to find the insider content tab. I've looked around on this sub for a few...
  5. Cannot seem to properly troubleshoot 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot seem to properly troubleshoot 0x87e00196: So I've been trying for six hours now running through nearly every default answer for fixing the Xbox App, because I'm getting this error with about 30 tested downloads of 30 different games. I'm...
  6. I cannot seem to find "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot seem to find "Browse Apps" on xbox 360 dashboard: I am trying to get Netflix and youtube, but when I log in to my Xbox live account the browse apps button disappears and there is only: "Home", "Social", "Games & Apps" and "Settings". However if...
  7. I "seem" to have minecraft bedrock edition on my xbox but cannot find it on the microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    I "seem" to have minecraft bedrock edition on my xbox but cannot find it on the microsoft...: hello, so I got minecraft xbox one edition a good many years ago and at some point it seems that I got bedrock (likely through some kind of gift.) thing is that now once I've built a new pc with...
  8. Cannot seem to download Xbox 360 games from the Microsoft Store (You have no valid payment...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot seem to download Xbox 360 games from the Microsoft Store (You have no valid payment...: Whenever I try to purchase an Xbox 360 game, or an original Xbox game, I can't because I'm always met with "You have no valid payment options on file". However, I already have a card on file and...
  9. Cannot seem to get game streaming to work well, stutters every 13 seconds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot seem to get game streaming to work well, stutters every 13 seconds.: I am really confused and do not understand how to get this game streaming to work well. I have a netgear night hawk router on a 5.0ghz network and am trying to use a surface pro 2 to stream to....
  10. i cannot seem to add my girlfriend as a friend on my xbox... says "try again later"

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cannot seem to add my girlfriend as a friend on my xbox... says "try again later": Hey this is , my girlfriend just bought herself here very own Xbox one S. we are excited to play GTA5 online together. problem is that when i add her as a friend it dosn't allow me to "submit" the...