I cannot run specific games

Discus and support I cannot run specific games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Anytime I try to run a game, it crashes immediately. most will throw up their start up menu then crash right after. Error message: The server... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AnthonyDM, May 5, 2024.

1. AnthonyDM
    AnthonyDM Guest

Anytime I try to run a game, it crashes immediately. most will throw up their start up menu then crash right after.

Error message: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

What I tried:

Updating and repairing windows

Updating, repairing, reseting xbox app

Redownloading affected games

Affected Games:

BeamNG - their support says its not "their" issue

:)

AnthonyDM, May 5, 2024
  2. onyxishere Win User

Pal/Ntsc

So far as I know consoles that run a specific type of game (PAL or NTSC) cannot be changed to run the other. If you live in a PAL region you would need to purchase an NTSC system.
  3. Paraffin Alien Win User

ORIGINAL XBOX ONE OWNERS

I am old, I cannot perform like younger people, I am being discriminated against.

Game developers, please make deathmatch modes specifically for us of the zimmer frame brigade, we cannot run round the maps as fast as the younger gamers.

LOL
  4. PlayeOne1Zero Win User

Moonlighter crash on game pass pc

I have the same issue. Moonlight crashed on my first run through it. Now I cannot restart without it freezing at the green login screen. Up til then keyboard and gamepad work, but not beyond that. Tried all the usual restart solutions.

Cannot play the game as another user since is part of my gamepass.

Version of the game is 1.9.18.0.

Please respond with game specific help. Seems to be problem only with moonlight so far.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

I cannot buy in-game purchases specifically in Fortnite.

6. XBF Crystal P Win User

I cannot buy in-game purchases specifically in Fortnite.

Hey there SolitaryFawn,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
Thema:

1. I cannot run specific games - Similar Threads - cannot run specific

2. Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot run star field from Xbox game pass PC: I cannot run starfield from xbox game pass PC. The notification related to graphic card not match with minimum requirements occur. But I think my PC spec is Ok. Acer nitro 5 series Win 11...
  3. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  4. I cannot move freely or run.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot move freely or run.: When I load into Insurgency Sandstorm, I move at snails pace and cannot run. When I ADS it sticks and it sticks when I fire. There are no problems with the console running other games and there is...
  5. Cannot get Halo Infinite to run on my PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Halo Infinite to run on my PC.: Specs are as follows 7900xtx 1000w psu 10gen i7 32gb ram 4tb of space between 4 drvies. I cannot get halo to launch at all. it does the inital start up with the Xbox Game Studios Logo and...
  6. Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file when trying to run my game pass games: Hello, whenever I try to launch any game pass games, I get the error stated in the title. I have tried reinstalling gaming services, changing permision, but I cannot change xboxgames file from...
  7. Microsoft flight simulator digital copy, cannot run, cannot uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator digital copy, cannot run, cannot uninstall: It started with an update to my NVIDIA drivers. Once I updated that I could not get my multi monitor setup back. In the process of trying, I have no idea what happened, but the msfs icon vanished....
  8. Cannot run hearts of iron on PC after getting it through gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot run hearts of iron on PC after getting it through gamepass: After trying to run it through the xbox app I get the message in the attatched image, even though i've verified that this file is where it says it isn't and the message still came up after trying...
  9. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...
  10. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...