I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

Discus and support I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vũ Việt Dũng, Jan 8, 2024.

1. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is fake.
    However after Virtual Agent of Microsoft check serial number, it said that my controller still in warranty so I have a bit confused.

Please help my verify if my device is genuine or not.

My Controller Serial Number Image

:)

Vũ Việt Dũng, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Vũ V, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

The controller is probably an original product since you were able to ascertain the warranty.

When regisreting the controller, make sure to pay attention to the serial number.

It's the one below the bar code: 09700246883334

Select the correct Region as well.

Let me know if it works!
  3. HarryBrown6 Win User

xbox elite controller series 2

Unfortunately, because i bought the elite controller on its own, i cant seem to register it. When asking where to find the serial number there is no option for the xbox elite series 1. Other people have said unless you bought the package (Which i didn't)
    there the serial number option doesn't register the serial number of the controller. the only way to register a xbox elite controller is to by the paddle package and then the serial number is accepted. Personally i don't want to have to buy something just
    to be able to see if a warranty is still active.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Series X/S Controller disconnects from bluetooth in some Games

You can request a repair order for your accessory in case it would be the Xbox series x control, just register its serial number through the link below.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

*Make sure you have your original account logged in.
  5. Jonathan Marks1 Win User

My elite controller series 2 can't be registered

Hello I found this post as I am also having the same issue, I am looking at the serial number on the back of my official Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and trying to enter it when registering a new device. I have a broken joystick and am trying to look up the warranty or initial repairs but I am getting a "We couldn't verify the serial number. Check the serial number and try again." error message but I am definitely entering the serial number in correctly. So confused on what to do and still need help with repairs on my controller.
  6. Osinted Win User

Fake xbox elite series controller?

Greetings,

I am , an Xbox Ambassador & Security Researcher & Player like you.

To verify if an Elite Controller is Real;

The Xbox Elite 2 lacks the silver strip on top of the controller and has a textured, rubberized grip instead of plastic handles.

Model number

The model number is on a printed label inside the battery compartment.

Serial number

The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has a 14-character serial number in the lower center on the back of the controller. You can register the serial number to check if it was manufactured in your country and is original.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number - Similar Threads - cannot register Series

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  4. I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot add a Debit Card to purchase MINECRAFT: I've been trying to add my debit card to purhcase Minecraft for 5 days, and it didn't work for every second. I've already contacted my BCA Bank from WhatsApp, and they say the Bank might try to...
  5. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  6. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    me and my boyfriend cannot log into our microsoft accounts for minecraft: me and my boyfriend have been trying to log into Minecraft for a while now with no success. we are linking to psn, we get the qr code we enter our information. sometimes it partly logs us in but...
  9. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  10. I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty: Hi, as you know Microsofts QA is horrible. I bought a Elite Controller 2 months ago and it started double clicking on R1 out of the blue. This issue seems to not have a fix (thanks Microsoft)...