I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription

Discus and support I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cancelled Xbox Live Gold subscription six months ago. I recently purchased a disc game and tried to play but when I launched the game I got the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mefisto2503, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mefisto2503
    mefisto2503 Guest

I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription

I cancelled Xbox Live Gold subscription six months ago. I recently purchased a disc game and tried to play but when I launched the game I got the message to purchase either Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass.

1) I reinstalled the game but it didn't work. Same issue.

2) I reset the entire xbox removing everything and installed the game from the disc with new account. Still doesn't work and asks for purchasing subscritpion.

Any ideas how to resolve it?

:)

mefisto2503, Nov 2, 2020
  2. mefisto2503 Win User

Let me clarify your answer. So I need to purchase Gold in order to play the game online? That's fine. But I purchased game on a disc and I want to play it in whatever mode, for which I paid for, I believe. What I need to do in this case? Do I need to reconfigure
    game settings to avoid pointing me out into online mode then?

I have read about similar issues people had after cancelling subscriptions and purchasing games on the discs. I thought this might have been the known xbox issue already?
  3. [Farscape] Win User

as this game needs to access the servers to be able to play that means you have to pay Microsoft to gain access through their paywall.

disc or digital, as the game is online active only their is no way around it.

other games on disc that support single play and multiplayer can usually be played offline but you would need to set the console as offline under network settings.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Since the game is an online game, it required Gold in order to play it. Gold is required to play online.
  5. Smwutches Win User

There is no way to change the settings of the game to point to an offline mode. The developers would have had to add a single player mode without online elements in order to be able to play it without Gold.

I know what you're referring to with the other issue, but that wouldn't be the case for this game. Any game that is online only would require Gold whether you own it on disc or not.
  6. medium bloke Win User

Please help with the removal of the account.

Unfortunately, you cannot delete an account completely. You can just stop using it, but it won't be deleted. From the looks of it, you're not an Xbox LIVE Gold Member, so you won't need to cancel a subscription, but if you need to cancel a subscription to
    another account, you can visit this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription
Thema:

1. I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription - Similar Threads - cannot play World

2. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc
  3. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  4. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  5. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  6. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  7. I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot sign into Gamebar or the Xbox app (code 0x80004005), but I can play online xbox...: I think I'm stuck in some kind of sign-in limbo where I'm logged in enough to play game like Sea of Thieves (which requires you to be signed in), but not when it comes to the Xbox social options....
  8. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  9. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  10. Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One: I couldn't get beyond the "Hover over" screen, and I did try several minutes to wave and make lots of random movements with my hands to see if I could get it started. I thought it was just a...