I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S

Discus and support I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset randomly stopped letting me hear audio. In an attempt to fix it, I bought a new headset and i also wasnt getting audio through that one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jordy Spencer, May 8, 2023.

1. I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S

My headset randomly stopped letting me hear audio. In an attempt to fix it, I bought a new headset and i also wasnt getting audio through that one either. Ice restarted my console, plugged it in and out, switched all of the possible audio settings with restart in between. Nothing has worked. Any advice? Ive only had it for a year and it was bought brand new, everything else works fine

:)

Jordy Spencer, May 8, 2023
  2. Jordy Spencer Win User

Ive tried using a different cobtrolled as well
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Jordy, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your headset.

I see all the things you've tried so far and think the issue may be with the controller and not the headset. Are you able to try using a different controller and see if you still have the same problem?
  4. Jordy Spencer Win User

My headsets plug directly into the controller and i have tried updating them as well
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Can hear through headphones but cannot chat

Hi Paul, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, let us review if all these options are enabled:

Check your account privacy settings:

Please, enter this site:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

On the Privacy Tab, allow:

"See other people's Xbox Live profiles"

"You can see and upload community creations"

"You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, switch over to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab:

Allow:

"You can play with people outside of Xbox Live"

"You can add friends"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. I cannot hear through any headphones on my Series S - Similar Threads - cannot hear through

2. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  3. I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot seem to talk to other people, but I can hear sounds.: I've tried and verified that it isn't a hardware issue by seeing if they work on a different computer and used 2 pairs of headphones. It started randomly when I plugged my headset in and my...
  4. I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot hear anyone or talk to anybody on Fortnite: I can’t hear anybody or talk on Fortnite d757a28c-e81c-40a4-a0de-2f804b61df31
  5. Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headphones cannot hear other players talking while gaming: Hi team, My Xbox wireless headset cannot hear other players talking while gaming. We have reset the settings and have altered the left ear cup so that it is in the middle position but still not...
  6. i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream

in XBoX on Windows
    i am streaming on twitch and cannot hear my friends through my stream: i am streaming on twitch, but whenever i’m playing with friends, you can’t hear them on my stream. you can only hear myself. how do i fix it? 05822477-7885-4f16-9809-0eb30846fecb
  7. I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...: I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every setting but I could be wrong, is there an easy fix to this. 6acb0d12-3960-409f-9a07-41d9951cabf4
  8. I cannot hear my friends when we are in a party through my turtle beach headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear my friends when we are in a party through my turtle beach headset: So I went on the xbone to play some GTA 5 and so the. A friend invited me to join their session and party. The only issue was that I could hear them through my turtle beach stealth 500x wireless...
  9. Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot speak in party/in-game chat. But can hear everyone through headset.: This all started just a few days ago. I tried joining a party to chat with friends. Only to find out that I my voice doesn't broadcast or project in chat. Nothing at all, I can hear them just...
  10. Cannot hear chats through kinect, party or game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chats through kinect, party or game.: Seems like every time xbox addresses a problem something else pops up. This month it's 'not being able to hear through kinect'. I refuse to use the sub standard headset that came with the...