I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...

Discus and support I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS RIDICULOUS PROBLEM OR LINK ME TO SOMETHING USEFUL. -.- AW SUCKS. 2cdfaaaf-00a6-43bd-8a0e-0073b5e25c20 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Il TrIppy ll, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Il TrIppy ll
    Il TrIppy ll Guest

I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS RIDICULOUS PROBLEM OR LINK ME TO SOMETHING USEFUL. -.- AW SUCKS.

:)

Il TrIppy ll, Jun 13, 2015
  2. MVP493
    MVP493 Guest
    Strict Nat problems

Ok, I just finished trying everything I can think of. The first thing I tried was port triggering using the following setup:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

The result was still strict. The next thing I tried was port forwarding with a static IP on the Xbox as shown in several Youtube videos. The port forwarding setup I used was as follows:

Port 88 Both

Port 3074 Both

Port 53 Both

Port 80 Both

Port 500 Both

Port 3544 Both

Port 4500 Both

The result was a still strict NAT. Lastly, I tried DMZ. It also failed to open the Nat. All of this was accomplished with Xbox plugged directly into the LAN port of the first router, so there is nothing in-between. Any ideas?

MVP493, Jun 13, 2015
  3. spoonofmilk
    spoonofmilk Guest
    Screenshots won't save or share from the upload app

I've got the same problem with screenshots, though videos seem to be unaffected.

I took a screenshot earlier today and couldn't save or share it. I then waited until the evening (now) to try again and still nothing.

I noticed my NAT wasn't open, but after setting up port forwarding and confirming everything was hunky dory still nothing!

Any advice?

spoonofmilk, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

What router do you own?

You need to forward port 3076 to the xbox one to open the NAT in COD

Malacath, Jun 16, 2015
  5. When all else fails, toss your Xbox's IP in the DMZ.

VENOM OF SINS, Jul 8, 2015
  6. Il TrIppy ll
    Il TrIppy ll Guest
    It's a technicolor or something I don't know. But I did all the port forwarding including 3076.

Not sure what doing that would do. I think you mean chuck Xbox in the bin :')

Il TrIppy ll, Jul 8, 2015
  7. It eliminates any need to manually configure any ports. All ports would become open, for the specific IP assigned to your console. I would choose a static IP for your console rather than let DHCP choose one for you, just in case it switches the IP address
    to something different than what would be set for DMZ. Since it does open all ports on your console, there's nothing acting as a barrier between your console and the rest of the world wide web. Just keep in mind that there's very little a hacker would want
    from the data on your console. All that work just to get access to your CoD save file isn't really worth the effort for them. All other devices on the network should remain safe behind your NAT.

VENOM OF SINS, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Il TrIppy ll
    Il TrIppy ll Guest

I do have my credit details on my console though? And seems like a lot of stupid work to do, you'd figure with such a 'well engineered console' all this *** would sort it's self out.

Il TrIppy ll, Jul 8, 2015
  9. Your credit details are tied to your Microsoft account, not the console. Try buying something while logged out of your account. That information is locked behind Microsoft's servers, which are probably a bigger pain to hack into than hacking into your network.

It's actually not the console's fault. It's your router's. It's just being a little overprotective, that's all.

VENOM OF SINS, Nov 1, 2018
  10. Flaming Pingu Win User

Cannot take party to game..

Is it. E or is advanced warfare laggy, I mean when I go to console settings my nat is open but on the game it says it's strict
  11. Mk Anthony Win User

NAT Type Strict

Also, a quick tip to fix your NAT type is to go into advanced setting under the network screen in the settings app, and go to 'Advanced MAC Address" then click "clear MAC address." It will ask you to reset your Xbox and when it does, I find that it makes
    my NAT type Open! (also improves my download speed) :)
  12. MOH Crapgamer Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

You need to open your NAT settings, they are either strict or moderate. If they are either strict or moderate you cannot connect to anyone unless they have open settings.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  13. banej Win User

NAT Type: Strict

Can you try to go to settings, network, advanced settings, scroll to the third option which is clear MAC. After you clear mac your console will restart and your NAT should now read open.
  14. GothamValor Win User

Strict NAT type.

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Sometimes games say my NAT is strict, yet when I go to do the network connection test via network settings in the dashboard it will come back as open. It actually takes doing the test for the game to read it as open. Found this with both Gears of War 3 and
    FIFA12. It happens on a regular basis for me. Something you can try if it's something you see on a regular basis on ingame NAT tests (like Gears of War 3).

Also try restarting your network. Turn it off and leave it for about two minutes, then turn it back on. This can be a common solution to NAT troubles if you have already set it before.

I found the first fix worked better for me personally.

[/quote]I'll have to try that,that might be the problem cause it says its strict on Gears 3
Thema:

1. I CANNOT FIX THIS STRICT NAT TYPE **** ON ADVANCED WARFARE WHEN MY NAT IS OPEN IN SETTINGS. I ... - Similar Threads - CANNOT FIX STRICT

2. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  3. How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I go about fixing or repairing an Xbox One S that seemingly cannot output...: Recently my friend gave me their Xbox One S, because they said the console stopped working and the display didn't output anything. They thought I might be able to fix it so they offered it to me...
  4. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  5. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  6. How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I fix this if nothing in my house connected to internet cannot load anything...: It started as my Microsoft store on my Xbox wouldn’t work so I did a few things to try and fix it and finally I reset it and then I couldn’t put account back on my Xbox it would just get stuck...
  7. I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I CANNOT FIX THE 0x80070005 ERROR: I downloaded the city skylines. I launched and it said that it needs update. The update was 1,3GB and when the 1,3GB has downloaded, it gave me the 0x80070005 error. What should i do to fix it? I...
  8. I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Fortnite on anything but my Xbox how can I fix this?: I’m trying to log into Fortnite on my pc and after I put it my sign in I keep getting a message asking “put in the email you used to create the account”. I’ve tried every email possible and it...
  9. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?: Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your disc Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try...
  10. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71