I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

Discus and support I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Henry Breton, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Henry Breton
    Henry Breton Guest

I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety.

There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended I go.

There is also no minecraft client on the xbox site or minecraft app under "apps and games".

I've spent half an hour on this, and am close to refunding my purchase.

:)

Henry Breton, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Henry! I'm more than happy to help you!

Based on the error message you provided, it appears the system has detected that your son's account is a child account and that it needs to be managed. A child account can't manage the privacy settings on its own, you need an adult Microsoft account to manage its privacy settings for him.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older.

Note: Ensure that the parent account is the "Organizer" and your child account is the "Family Member" to make this work. The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

Kindly manage the child account's privacy settings using your adult/Organizer account from your Microsoft family. According to the official Xbox website, here's how to do it: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult/Organizer Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Then have your son sign in and play Minecraft multiplayer online to see if it works. "

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. ArminatorX Win User

why do people date on xbox live

While Minecraft can be played by kids, it is also playable by adults.

Microsoft provides several parental controls to help parents keep their kids safe from online predators.

Please make sure that you created a child account for your kid, and that you set their online and privacy settings, so they can only talk to known friends from their friend list for example. Or that you as a parent first have to allow a new friend to their
    friend list.

That way, your kids can still play online multiplayer in Minecraft, but won't be able to talk to (adult) strangers on the internet.

So adults still have a way to "date" or find like-minded adult Minecraft fans, and children are safe from adults looking for a dating partner in a virtual world.
  4. Maccadooooooooo Win User

Kids games??

Yes there is alot of kids games but not in the respect to allow a gathering together to play. So my young son could come home from school and only play online with one friend where as a larger online game would allow for him to play with more of his friends.
    And to be honest alot of young children just like to go around exploring,building or driving.Lego games have got this close but don't do this online to allow for multi play.
  5. FurryCoast41833 Win User

Child's gamertag missing from parents Privacy & online safety settings

I'm having the same problem. My kids set up xbox accounts on their iPads and want to play minecraft together. I've spent ages trying to allow them to connect as friends and go into the family settings under my account and click allow friends and click save,
    but every time I log back in, it has not saved and still has the ability to add friends blocked. I would really appreciate advice how to give my kids permission to be friends. thanks
    Same issue, terrible experience trying to accept an invite for a Minecraft realm. Still not solved and "Xbox 360 Online Safety" "Accept Friend Requests" settings remains "blocked" despite clicking "allowed" and saving many many many times.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

[Mod Removed-Profanity] МАЙНКРАФТ [Mod Translation-(Mod Removed) Minecraft]

So... it appears you're having problems connecting to your friends worlds in Minecraft for Windows 10.

I would have them check their in-game settings in Minecraft under the main menu there, and make sure that Online play is enabled. Sometimes this is switched to being disabled and therefore they cannot join any online games and friends cannot join their game
    either. Both you and your friends should check in Minecraft settings and make sure that Online play is enabled and friends are allowed to join. Then you can select which permissions you would like to enable for your friends when they join your world after
    that.
Thema:

1. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends - Similar Threads - cannot allow kid

2. How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix “you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not allowed...: I’m on Minecraft Xbox 360 edition and when I try to join mini games I get sent you cannot join or host public games as one or more players are not aallowed to play multiplayer games on Xbox live...
  3. Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings: We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental account, we've restarted his computer, we've...
  4. My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't allow me to sign in after a reset because I cannot update: Hello! I tried to fix my xbox one s earlier today as none of my apps were opening or loading. After trying to troubleshoot I only got the 'oops, something went wrong' message with no other...
  5. Astroneer Will not allow me to invite my friends, and they cannot join me. Does anybody...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astroneer Will not allow me to invite my friends, and they cannot join me. Does anybody...: I have tried to test my NAT, it is open. I have restarted my router and my Xbox. None of these things have worked to solve the problem. Are used to be able to play with them by inviting them to my...
  6. Minecraft Account cannot allow player to play multiplayer even though the parent has approved

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account cannot allow player to play multiplayer even though the parent has approved: Hi everyone! Basically I have came across this problem when I cannot play Minecraft multiplayer. The accounts I have two accounts. account 1 - a child account account 2 - the account which I...
  7. SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.: So I've been trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with some friends online; however, when I try to join realms I get the error message "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...
  8. Cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow: I cannot change "You can join multiplayer games" from Block to Allow, when I click Submit, it spins and then all settings in the "Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety" tab goes back to original prior...
  9. Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account cannot add friends even though Family Settings are set to allow friends adds.: In the settings for the child account following these steps through the menus.. settings-account-family settings-manage family members-child account profile-privacy and online safety-view details...
  10. cannot see childs gamertag in xbox settings to allow online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot see childs gamertag in xbox settings to allow online gaming: cannot see childs gamertag in xbox.com settings to allow online gaming. I can see mine but not the two i have created through the official route. Please help. f7303263-028d-438c-95e9-1436f3bc7092