I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.

Discus and support I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has his card details on the xbox but he cannot buy anything as it makes him ask for permission but then nothing comes through on his phone or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jenny Atkinson, Sep 27, 2023.

1. I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.

My son has his card details on the xbox but he cannot buy anything as it makes him ask for permission but then nothing comes through on his phone or mine, or our emails.

When I log into my microsoft account and go to family where both sons are listed - I can see on the family group section, under his name and then 'spending' that there is a button ticked for 'require approval to use' but when I try to go into the page to amend this, it keeps coming up with an error page - try again later, and has done this for the last week or so when I keep trying.

Error code is TraceId: 4w1h95aZikeHH/gm.14.292 when I click on the spending link. I cant seem to get through to microsoft to help with this?

:)

Jenny Atkinson, Sep 27, 2023
  2. SteenSneeze Win User

I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group.

Hello,

Since this is a Microsoft Family problem we would request that you contact Microsoft Support since they will be able to help with this.
  3. caseyo3 Win User

barred from inviting or accepting family group requests

until we are in a family group we cannot have parent accounts, my husband and i cannot alter anything on our sons account as parents as the family group feature isnt allowign us to join as a family group and even when we were joined, we were unable to alter region or date of birth for our son because he is 'underage' in the uk where his region is set, so have to wait 2 years before tis changeable
  4. Scott Hall3 Win User

How do I make my child the adminstrator on his laptop in Microsoft Family?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the Microsoft Family Website and I am logged in on my account as the family organzier, the only family organizer our family account has ever had.

Unless they are hidden somewhere very obscure, I cannot find where I can give my son administrator access to his own computer for school. It feels as if there are a layer of controls that are being hidden from me, the parent, for my own family account.

When I try to just remove him from the family account, I get the following message:

You can't remove [Son] from the family group

Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [son] can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted [son] consent to remove [son] from the family group.

This is pretty infuriating and starting to make me really wish I never started the family account in the first place.
  5. ValhallaFury Win User

I purchases the deluxe ver of Flight Sim but its not able to be accessed on the family Xbox accounts.

Hi - thanks for the reply. So this would effect a family account then - I purchased it on my account but my son cannot access any of the deluxe content on his account which is part of our Xbox family account (if that makes sense!), Is this an issue?
  6. BraveSir Paul Win User

Xbox live sharing

Yeah the current solution doesnt work for all families - for us we have two xboxes in our house, but my step-son also spends 8 weeks each year with his dad. When he does he loses access to all our shared games - as we cannot include that third console
    in the "family" for sharing
Thema:

1. I cannot access the spending section on my sons account within our family group. - Similar Threads - cannot access spending

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  4. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  5. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  6. Cannot access Microsoft web page after login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access Microsoft web page after login: I am able to login to the account on Microsoft homepage but when entering "My Account" page the page performas a refresh repetedly. This makes it ipossible to manage any setting. Here is a...
  7. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  8. I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an Xbox Account that I cannot access my old contact information.: I am having issues accessing my old xbox account. i cannot reach support, the account is locked, and I do not have my contact information any longer. May sound skeptical, but I have more than...
  9. I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career...: I Purchased NBA 2k23 in a recent Microsoft digital sale, but cannot access My career mode... "We are preparing to launch a new season of NBA 2k23, check back shortly". Have i have been robbed of...
  10. Cannot access GTA V Online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access GTA V Online: My Xbox account has game pass ultimate active but when I log onto GTA V via Xbox one it states that my account does not have permission to access Online mode, Even though it worked last night when...