I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc

Discus and support I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time i try to remote play on my xbox on my pc I get an error telling me that the console has been found but it was impossible to connect. On... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Roberto Dab, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Roberto Dab
    Roberto Dab Guest

I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc

Every time i try to remote play on my xbox on my pc I get an error telling me that the console has been found but it was impossible to connect.

On mobile remote play on my console works just fine.

How can I solve the problem?

I already tried restarting the console, re-enabling remote play, testing NAT type, enabled again sleep mode and downloaded the xbox accessories app to check for updates for controller's driver

:)

Roberto Dab, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having troubles with remote play on your Windows 11 PC. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This issue may be caused by a network configuration problem, a firewall setting, or a compatibility issue with your PC hardware or software. Here are some steps you can try to solve the problem:

1. Check Network Connection:
      • Ensure that both your PC and Xbox console are connected to the same network. Consistent network connectivity is crucial for successful remote play.
      • Restart both devices to refresh their network connections.
      • If possible, try using a different Ethernet cable to connect your PC to the network.
    2. Verify Remote Play Settings:
      • Confirm that you’ve enabled remote play on your Xbox console. To do this:
        • Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
        • Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
        • Make sure the Enable remote features checkbox is selected.
      • Additionally, ensure that your Xbox console is configured for and connected to the Xbox network.
    3. Check System Requirements:
      • Ensure that your PC meets the necessary requirements for remote play:
        • Internet connection: 7-10 Mbps (minimum).
        • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz may work but isn’t optimized).
        • Bluetooth 4.0 or greater.
        • Windows 10/11 with an updated Xbox app.
    • If your Xbox console requires an update, perform the update before attempting remote play.

4. Firewall and Security Settings:
      • Check if any firewalls or security settings on your network are blocking the connection. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and see if that helps. If it does, you may need to add an exception for the Xbox app in your firewall or antivirus settings.
      • If you’re using a wired Ethernet connection on your PC, consider switching to a wireless connection temporarily.
    5. Make sure to check if you are signed in to the same account on Xbox Console, Xbox App and Microsoft Store App.

6. Disable any VPN or proxy service that may interfere with the connection.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. ShoddyPlum Win User

Windows app unable to detect my xbox series S

Xbox app (PC) Remote play option disappeared been using it for over a month Trouble shooting I have done

on console I have double checked remote features are enabled/cleared alternative mac address/reset keep games and apps/checked for updates.

on PC side I have repaired/reset Xbox app/ and Xbox insider hub checked for window updates/App updates and the last thing I tried was pin hole reset with my modem. I have Xbox series x

Remote play icon is all working fine on Xbox One and mobile just not PC Please Help Notice this issue at 10.30am 10/10/2022
  4. eVapour Win User

Xbox remote play on iPad (home wifi)

I just tried the xcloud service directly from my series s and it worked absolutely flawless.

Now I am even more confused than before.

Why can I play cloud games directly from my Xbox in an astounding quality but it is not possible to remote play from Xbox to pc/ipad.

But what confuses me even more is that it works perfectly with ps remote play.

Just tested steam remote play from the PC to the iPad and that also worked wonderfully.

Maybe it's an general problem with the series s/x consoles?
  5. CarTzy Win User

"Found Xbox but can't connect" issue on Windows 11

Hello Trevor_491,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with remote play on your Windows 11 PC. I understand how frustrating that can be. Here are some possible steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Make sure that your Xbox Series S and your PC are on the same network and using the same Microsoft account.

- Check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app on your PC and install them if needed.

- Restart both your Xbox Series S and your PC and try to connect again.

- If the problem persists, you may need to adjust some settings on your router or firewall to allow remote play to work.

Please see: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Georges C. Win User

how to open remote installation in mobile for windows 11

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Hermant, when it comes to remote installation, are you wanting to install apps or games from your mobile device, want to install games remotely through your PC or mobile device, or do you want to remotely access your Windows 11 PC?

If you can give more details, I'll be waiting for your reply.
Thema:

1. I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc - Similar Threads - remote play series

2. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  3. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  4. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  5. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  6. On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?: On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely? c498ce13-e75a-4a5c-891c-2e27b273fc66
  7. Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC: I recently purchased and set up my Xbox series X. I'm trying to set up remote play to play on my PC. I have enabled remote play on my Xbox and made sure I have green check marks next to all the...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. Remote play issue with series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play issue with series X.: My series X is in standby mode and using the xbox app I'm trying to connect on my android pixel 8 for remote play. It keeps giving me the "try again later" message over and over. If I turn my X on...
  10. Series S remote play stops working when running games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S remote play stops working when running games: Bought a brand new Series S from Walmart just after Starfield came out. Console works fine locally usually but I very rarely use it locally. I bought it because I remote play on my phone around...