I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't...

Discus and support I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All my cloud gaming games work alright but when playing Sea Of Thieves I can't join my friends as the Xbox game bar says I don't have a controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ProfissionRP, Nov 17, 2022.

1. ProfissionRP
    ProfissionRP Guest

I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't...

All my cloud gaming games work alright but when playing Sea Of Thieves I can't join my friends as the Xbox game bar says I don't have a controller connected even though I can play and they can join me but I can't join them

I started encountering the problem after the newest Xbox PC app update
    Xbox App Version : 2211.1001.24.0
    5.822.10271.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

:)

ProfissionRP, Nov 17, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't have controller connected

Oh, thank you
    And no need to say sorry, let’s try to isolate the problem a bit more:

A. Try to open a cloud gaming session via browser. For this just go to Xbox.com/play on Chrome or Edge and verify if the issue persist there or not

B. Can be a bit odd but
    Reinstall your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

C. Reinstall / update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again

D. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart the PC and try again

E. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

F. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/create-a-...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't have controller connected

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this PROFISSIONRP

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Is this happening only with this Sea of thieves via cloud gaming or do you have the game installed natively?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. ProfissionRP Win User

I'm really sorry my friend is just extremely dumb and said he gets the error from xbox game bar but now he says he has problem with the cloud gaming not xbox game bar,
    I'm sorry for the misleading information

He gets a window from Xbox App saying "Let's get ready" and "Controller is disconnected".
    But he still can control menu with controller while the window is popped up in front of the game.

Once again I'm sorry for troubling you
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you, about the game bar reinstallation. How did you do it?
    Using the procedure below?

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

If yes, please delete the registry keys associated with the game bar instead :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sorry to hear that, if the issue is happening across different devices the best option is report this problem to the Xbox team:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Please ask your friends to do the same, and don’t forget to tell them to be as detailed as possible
Thema:

1. I can play cloud gaming normally but when I try joining friends xbox game bar says I don't... - Similar Threads - play cloud gaming

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. Xbox cloud gaming - play button greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming - play button greyed out: I am facing an issue where I'm not able to cloud play any games. I tried on multiple devices and on most devices the play button is greyed out for all cloud gaming game options, while on windows,...
  4. Xbox cloud gaming - Play button greyed out

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming - Play button greyed out: I am facing an issue where I’m not able to cloud play any games. I tried on multiple devices and on most devices the play button is greyed out for all cloud gaming game options, while on windows,...
  5. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  6. Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play cloud games because play button greyed out: I just purchased the Game Pass Ultimate subscription and a new Xbox controller. I was able to successfully connect the controller to both my MacBook Pro and to my iPad however I cannot play any...
  7. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  8. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  9. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  10. If i buy i game that isn't on gamepass can i cloud play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i buy i game that isn't on gamepass can i cloud play it?: like GTA 5 S/X Edition if i buy it on my Xbox One S can i cloud play it?, went looking around on other forums for an answer but haven't found anything, just asking because GTA 5 is leaving...