I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10

Discus and support I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I download the sdk (ver1.8) and connect my kinect , the kinect just green light flashing and do nothing after this I Install the program in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by natgeogame, Feb 2, 2018.

1. natgeogame
    natgeogame Guest

I download the sdk (ver1.8) and connect my kinect , the kinect just green light flashing and do nothing

after this I Install the program in compatibility mode (win 7 and win 8)

Not work for me I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10 :( keep flashing the green led

:)

natgeogame, Feb 2, 2018
  2. ash2k83
    ash2k83 Guest
    8+ feet? My living room is too small for Kinect. How about you?

i had max of 6 feet with kinect v1 and I could use it fine.

Apparently Kinect v2 has more vision than the v1 so it should be easier to work.

ash2k83, Feb 2, 2018
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Cortana Voice Commands Through Headset in Next Update

FINALLY

Is it already out for those who have Kinect? Or will it release next update? It would be kwl if it responded using Kinect. Just like with Voice Commands.

Xbox 1 does have a Windows 10 like UI, and Windows 10 has Cortana. Our phones can talk back to us, so it would be great when Xbox does.

smileskybird, Feb 2, 2018
  4. ash2k83 Win User

8+ feet? My living room is too small for Kinect. How about you?

i had max of 6 feet with kinect v1 and I could use it fine.

Apparently Kinect v2 has more vision than the v1 so it should be easier to work.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Will a "Kinect for Windows V2" work on an Xbox One S with the included adapter?

Hi milter,

No problem! To answer your second question, yes the power adapter is compatible for Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Windows 10 and is the only Kinect adapter available. You can use the adapter to connect a Kinect for Xbox One to an Xbox One S or an Xbox One
    X or you can use the adapter to connect either a Kinect for Xbox One or Kinect for Windows v2 to a Windows 10 PC.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions!
  6. ChuteTable9048 Win User

Kinect 2 availability

Xbox 360's Kinect = Kinect v1.

Xbox 1's Kinect = Kinect v2.

Don't believe BestBuy employees who probably only earn minimum wage. THEY are NOT Microsoft. Microsoft has discontinued manufacturing Xbox 360 consoles. They wouldn't discontinue manufacturing Xbox 1 Kinects, yet! There is officially NO Xbox 1 version 2
    Kinect. Read the start of my post. It provides a simple answer. People just add random stuff to the title of what they're selling and it can be easy for customers to get mislead by the title.
    What I meant in the parenthesis is that the version of Kinect v2 for Windows IS discontinued, but what he told me is that the Kinect v2 for Xbox One was also discontinued. I am not interested in the Kinect version 1. My question was about the Kinect v2 for
    Xbox One availability.

But apparently it is still available, at least for now. Only the kinect v1 is not available on microsoft website. I had to do some research just to be sure.
  7. smileskybird Win User

Cortana Voice Commands Through Headset in Next Update

FINALLY

Is it already out for those who have Kinect? Or will it release next update? It would be kwl if it responded using Kinect. Just like with Voice Commands.

Xbox 1 does have a Windows 10 like UI, and Windows 10 has Cortana. Our phones can talk back to us, so it would be great when Xbox does.

8. GMAN990 Win User

Terrible Xbox Connection with UPnP Enabled - Please Help!

Oh and regarding the firmware you can only use v1 firmware with a v1 router
Thema:

1. I can not use Kinect v1 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Kinect Windows

2. AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2

in XBoX on Consoles
    AR-Based Virtual Try-Room using Kinect v2: I am trying to make an AR-Based virtual try-room using kinect v2 and unity. Is there someone who had already done this project or someone who can guide me? From where I can get 3D cloth assets for...
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. XBOX ONE KINECT+PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE KINECT+PC: XBOX ONE KINECT+PC CAN IT WORK ON PC WITRH XBOX SERIES S https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40277 ? a7b9059d-b484-4942-a8b3-7f554e8e9a44
  5. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  6. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  7. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  8. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  9. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  10. Looking for authorised shop has 'kinect adapter for window'

in XBoX on Windows
    Looking for authorised shop has 'kinect adapter for window': Hi all, I'm trying to look for 'Kinect v2 adapter for window' on Microsoft store, but I cannot find any. Since I am to plug the kinect v2 with my PC, I need the apdater to do so. Does anyone know...