I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test...

Discus and support I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any tips on how to fix this as it used to work perfectly 462f4153-954a-4ce0-b2e7-1c81e9a8eb15 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Derbyshire1, Apr 14, 2023.

1. I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test...

Any tips on how to fix this as it used to work perfectly

:)

Michael Derbyshire1, Apr 14, 2023
  2. KoNoOoOZz Win User

Xbox app now having spike lags while streaming from my Xb1 to my llaptop after latest update.

Thank u for replying, but i don't think i can stream my xbox one games on my laptop using Xbox beta app,, I can only see the option on Console companion app :/
  3. ThorX360 Win User

Xbox app won't connect to my Xbox One.

I want to stream games on my laptop (Windows 10) via the console companion app, but each time I try to connect to my Xbox One, it fails. It also won't accept the Xbox's IP address. Both my laptop and Xbox are on the same network.

I have tried:

Re-naming my Xbox

Restarting both my Xbox and my laptop

Updating the app

Signing in and out of the app

Checking my laptop's firewall

Connecting via both a wirleless wi-fi connection and Ethernet cable

I have been trying all day nothing seems to be working - I've read almost every thread there is on this issue.

Help would be very welcome :)
    Hi,

did you check if the option "allow connections from any device" is enabled on your console as explained in the troubleshooting guide?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming
  4. Radiant Sword X Win User

Laptop xbox display

My best recommendation for streaming via PC is using a capture card like Elgato or Roxio as this is the best method for streaming with the OBS. I think this is better because if using the Xbox Companion App to stream, it may not work very well on laptop
    especially since they are lower quality in performances. Try desktop PCs instead for streaming.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

unable to stream xbox to laptop using xbox console companion

Are you minimizing the Xbox console companion app while using to stream your Xbox to it?

Why are you wanting to stream your xbox to the laptop?

Are you running anything else on the laptop whilst trying to stream?
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Managing Xbox downloads via Windows 10 PC

When your PC and XBOX are in the same net, you can stream your console on your laptop via the companion app:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/console-companion-app

This way your laptop will work as a screen with the net as the only connection (the controller is plugged to the laptop in this case since you controlling everything from there). Since you're looking after fast download speeds, be sure
    to connect to the XBOX to launch the download and then disconnect since the stream is taking bandwidth and slowing down everything else. Just reconnect after a while to check progress.
Thema:

I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test...

1. I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test... - Similar Threads - longer stream via

2. Xbox Console Companion app no longer able to stream?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion app no longer able to stream?: Didn't have any issues with it until recently, but now when I try to stream my Xbox the stream button has disappeared and I get a message saying either the Xbox or the app needs to be updated...
  3. When I remote stream using the windows 10 app I can no longer hear voice chat through my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I remote stream using the windows 10 app I can no longer hear voice chat through my...: Hello all, I just recently upgraded my xbox one x to a series x. I used to used the xbox companion app but it does not support streaming for the series x. So I switched to the windows 10 app. I...
  4. The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox Twitch app is no longer letting me stream: I haven't streamed in a while and now the app doesn't work for some reason. I looked up the error code and it said it had something to do with 2fa but I have that enabled. I have disabled and...
  5. Xbox One X will no longer stream games to W10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X will no longer stream games to W10 PC: Is anyone else having issues with their Xbox games no longer showing up in the PC Xbox app for streaming? I've made two changes since the last time I did this: I downloaded the new W10 Beta app...
  6. Windows 10 Xbox App, no Longer able to stream with multiple controllers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox App, no Longer able to stream with multiple controllers: Ive been able to stream with mutliple controllers before, although 1 is unofficial, it still worked. Now Only 1 controller works. All controllers connect fine and work properly on the pc. And it...
  7. Mixer Stream No Longer Prompting To Include Party Audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mixer Stream No Longer Prompting To Include Party Audio: Hey Guys, So since beam has changed over to mixer (may be coincidence and not cause) I can no longer include party audio in my streams. I do the same as I always have, I start a stream and turn...
  8. People can no longer include their party chat audio in a Stream?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    People can no longer include their party chat audio in a Stream?: I know everything is new today but one big huge major nelson of a feature has been either moved or removed. I like to stream with my friends at times love having them in my broadcast taking and...
  9. XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1-stream-to-Win10 no longer work, keeping asking me to sign in my XB1 with same account: It worked before, I could play my XB1 remotely from my Windows 10 PC. About 1 or 2 weeks ago I tried to play again but it no longer work. When choosing the stream option in the Win10 Xbox App, it...
  10. Can't stream or broadcast videos through XBOX on windows 10, so I'm no longer going to use ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't stream or broadcast videos through XBOX on windows 10, so I'm no longer going to use ...: I've tried going through other recommendations in forums like refreshing security settings in Apps, and checking windows privacy settings. I've never streamed anything and apparently I'm never...