I can hear through my headset but I can't talk

Discus and support I can hear through my headset but I can't talk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leo G04, May 28, 2020.

1. Leo G04
    Leo G04 Guest

So during christmas I bought a new controller. About 2 months ago I had a problem in which I could hear everything through my headset, but i could not talk. I just got a new pair and I still have the same problem. I looked online and tried troubleshooting
    for solutions but I can't fix it. Both headsets work perfectly on things like my phone just not on my controller and I'm starting to think i just need a new controller (I have another used controller that has the exact same problem)

:)

Leo G04, May 28, 2020
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

Check to see that your mic is plugged in to your headset correctly as there should be a white circle that appears around your gamertag when you talk.
  3. wewelittelbares Win User

The issue you are having is your controllers software is out of date when you plug in your controller and start a party and there should be an option in the party menu to update your controllers software
  4. PlusMuffin54992 Win User

busca actualizar los controladores si aún no lo ha hecho.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

The first option is to check for controller updates if you haven't already done so. Hopefully there's an update pending, and that fixes the headset issues you're having. You can do so via the Xbox Accessories app on your console.
  6. TITAN Regiis Win User

Greetings.

As mentioned below, check for controller updates. If this option does not work, then check to make sure the mute button is off or the your settings in the Xbox itself. Believe it or not, self muting happens alot :)

If all else fails, try borrowing another controller and see if you have the same issue. If still the same, I would check the headset compatibility with the xbox controller and/or contact support
Thema:

1. I can hear through my headset but I can't talk - Similar Threads - hear through headset

2. No one can hear me through my Bluetooth headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No one can hear me through my Bluetooth headset: I've tried everything talked to everyone used different Bluetooth headsets and no one still can't hear me I really need help with this. 7c45bfd8-470a-4ab0-9b53-268f688f0a0c
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc
  5. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  6. Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can only hear discord audio through headset on Xbox One: I recently was in discord on Xbox when I started having issues with my Xbox Discord. Suddenly all audio on my Xbox disappeared through my headset, except for my friends in Discord call. If I...
  7. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...: I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work...
  8. I can’t hear through my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t hear through my headset: I have a huo Ji headset that I could hear from fine just now I tried to use it but I can’t hear an I tried it on other devices and they worked I plugged it in my Xbox controller please help...
  9. I cant hear through my headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant hear through my headset: I cannot hear out of my headphones. It will not work. Just help. I don't know if I pressed something. I don't know what happened. I might have press it while I was playing a game. But I I want to...
  10. When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i use my headset i can hear the audio, but i can also still hear it through the...: I am using my headset i just bought but when i am listening i can hear through my headset the things i want to hear but i can still hear them through my tv. 0eb2d0ee-c017-4de9-83a2-bf3d2ccd1595