I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak.

Discus and support I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i got my xbox i used a headset I got from walmart and it was fine until i started having the issue stated above. Thinking it was the headset, i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LauraTinnell, Jul 1, 2020.

1. LauraTinnell
    LauraTinnell Guest

When i got my xbox i used a headset I got from walmart and it was fine until i started having the issue stated above. Thinking it was the headset, i ordered a Razer Kraken for console and plugged it into my controller and had the same issue. Then i tried
    buying a new controller, the headset worked with this controller and things seemed fine. But i have gone through two headsets and three controllers with this same issue and that just doesn’t make sense. My mic was not muted any of the times and it was all
    the way into the port. Im not mistreating my headsets or controllers and theyre in good condition. I don’t know if I just have bad luck with controllers or if something is wrong with my xbox. Please helpI can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak. :(

:)

LauraTinnell, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Reborn Insanity Win User

Make sure you haven't accidentally turned off the Headset Mic in the audio mixer on your actual Xbox. (Shown at the top of the picture)

[​IMG]
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hey Laura,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue.

As its not a faulty controller or headset because you replaced both, I can only suggest updating the controller. There may be something that needs to be adjusted in the firmware.

To update your xbox controller:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

The solutions here might also help:

https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Xbox_One_Stereo_Headset_Troubleshooting

After trying these troubleshooting steps, power cycle your console.

If the problem still persists contact support

Hope this helps, let us know 😊
  4. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
  5. Dericka Win User

I can’t hear through my headset

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to connect it to another controller and check if it will work? Thanks!
  6. CherAnayaHolman Win User

I can’t hear through my headset

After plugging in my controller you can hear it connecting but still can’t hear anything
Thema:

1. I can hear people and games through my headset but I can’t speak. - Similar Threads - hear games through

2. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  3. I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...: I have already tried deleting and reinstalling 649adc95-eb59-4e8a-8582-a0c691632a05
  4. Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only hear Party chat audio and not game audio ,app audio or console audio through...: Last night i was not having this issue but it has seemed to arise an I have tried to fix it multiple times and nothing has worked. I cant use Headset chat mixer because its greyed out so that's...
  5. I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every...: I cannot hear Game audio, only voice chat and other people, I’ve looked through every setting but I could be wrong, is there an easy fix to this. 6acb0d12-3960-409f-9a07-41d9951cabf4
  6. No audio from Xbox through headset but I can hear game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio from Xbox through headset but I can hear game chat: So last night I was playing a game and between searching for matches the game audio stopped working, I tried all the trouble shooting methods suggested by the manufacturer (Razer) it’s not working...
  7. My girlfriend can hear my game through her headset??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My girlfriend can hear my game through her headset??: So we've been having this problem for a little while. We'll be playing a game together on different xbox's and different TV's, headsets etc. But whatever is going on in my game she can hear as if...
  8. How do I hear in game chat while streaming through Twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I hear in game chat while streaming through Twitch?: While streaming tonight i noticed once the recording was finished that proximity chat in game was not being recorded just me talking to them. Just to clarify this is in game promitiy chat for Ark...
  9. I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.: The headphones and mic are working ive checked. Ive had to buy several new controllers and they work for a bit but then the mic mute icon comes up and it all stops working again! Is there a virus...
  10. Cant hear game and menu audio through my headset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant hear game and menu audio through my headset.: Game audio is not coming through my headset and idk how to fix it. Before you ask yes I have tried to turn down headset chat mixer, there are only two sliders appearing for headset volume and mic...