I can hear or send voice messages. Any ideas?

Discus and support I can hear or send voice messages. Any ideas? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I try to listen to a voice message and click on it nothing happens and I hear no audio. When I try to send a voice message I hit record and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JeepersNumber4, Jun 27, 2023.

1. I can hear or send voice messages. Any ideas?

When I try to listen to a voice message and click on it nothing happens and I hear no audio. When I try to send a voice message I hit record and it starts recording, but the, "Stop" and "Play" buttons are still blacked out and I cannot go down and click on them. All I can do is click on record again and repeat it again. I've tried pretty much anything I could think of, i've restarted my Xbox, had it completely powered off and plugged out for a good while, and yet it still doesn't work. I use an Xbox S (not an Xbox Series S).

:)

JeepersNumber4, Jun 27, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly check your Xbox privacy settings and set it as "Allow" and "Everyone" communication with everyone.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

Or using in Windows PC/Laptop:

Sign in to your Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update the tab Communication & multiplayer as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli....
  3. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

Update.

So the microphone lets me talk, and i can also hear party chat and voice messages. But cannot hear the game or normal xbox guide noises.

Any ideas ?
  4. stutheblue73 Win User

Chat not working

Also, I can send voice message to my friends and they can hear them...
  5. JUICE 5150 Win User

Xbox One 'Hardcore' Controller Rumoured

Thats a great idea Viking. And since we can't send voice messages they should add voice to text while their at it. I gotta admit, although the DS4 is till inferior to the Xbox controllers, hearing my gun reload from from the speaker in the controller is
    a cool feature.
  6. GrowlingYapper Win User

Voice Message's

Voice messaging is only with the preview program at the moment.

King Koennigjay are you in the preview program, there is an issue with the TB 500X, I use them when you want to send a voice message its recorded you can listen to the recording then send it but using the 500X you cannot hear the recording if you still send
    it the other person can hear it ok, the issue is being looked at and as I said it is only working with the preview members.
Thema:

1. I can hear or send voice messages. Any ideas? - Similar Threads - hear send voice

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  5. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  6. How to fix hearing and sending voice messages on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix hearing and sending voice messages on Xbox One: I’ve been having this problem for at least 1 1/2 years, I recently power cycled and hard reset my console. That didn’t fix it either. It gives me the option to record, but I cannot send it. Is...
  7. cant hear are send messages

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant hear are send messages: my account can't. send messages 346c8d60-ec31-433c-b37a-746372d0d5fa
  8. Done my suspension but still cant send messages or hear anyone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Done my suspension but still cant send messages or hear anyone?: i just got off my communication suspension today at 2:01am of april 5th i cannot send messages or hear anyone can anyone explain to me what is the problem 78998998-bb02-4501-a87c-2c19f47a34a9
  9. my my suspension time end on april 5th 2:02am n i still cant send messages or hear people

in XBoX on Consoles
    my my suspension time end on april 5th 2:02am n i still cant send messages or hear people: i got communication banned on 03/19/17 n this one ended april 3, but then i got another one 2 days after for harrassment and abuse witch dosent make any sense if i was already comms suspended i...
  10. So I can send/receive voice messages, but can't talk or hear party/game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I can send/receive voice messages, but can't talk or hear party/game chat: Ive tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps. Tried 2 separate controllers. NAT is open with all necessary ports forwarded. C'mon maaann! 58398729-3640-4d7d-b551-0c65bc4c2f55