I can hear myself in my headset (Xbox Series S)

Discus and support I can hear myself in my headset (Xbox Series S) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought an Xbox Series S. When I plug my headset with a microphone everything works fine, except I can hear myself as I speak into the mic.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lucaslf22, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Lucaslf22
    Lucaslf22 Guest

I recently bought an Xbox Series S. When I plug my headset with a microphone everything works fine, except I can hear myself as I speak into the mic. I've already checked and it's plugged in correctly. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Edit: Just noticed this could be related to mic monitoring, but couldn't find where to turn that off.

:)

Lucaslf22, Nov 7, 2021
  2. ClausReich Win User

Hello Lucaslf22! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If your headset is wired to the controller, you can open the Guide Menu (by pressing the Xbox button on your controller), then go down to the Speaker icon (Audio & Music) on the bottom right of the Guide Menu. There, go to the "Mic monitoring" slider, and move it to the left.

If you have a wireless headset, then you need to connect the headset to a PC and change it's settings through the manufacturer's software.
  3. jammidodger34 Win User

Comm banned for no reason with weird effect

Wired headset and ive tried with other headsets

tried with another controller

can hear my friends in party

Its weird because my headset allows me to hear myself while talking, and i can hear myself but people cant hear me
  4. [Farscape] Win User

Hear myself on my headset

it is either mic monitoring ( a good feature that means you don't shout when using a headset)

or whoever you are connected with has there volume to high and you just hearing you voice bounce back.
  5. cavemanSrA Win User

Headset!!!

I have to agree with the original post. It is really becoming annoying when I constantly (not just myself, everyone I know) have to reset my xbox because the chat stops working.... I can hear them but they can't hear me...Or they can hear me and I can't
    hear them. I had this issue with my xbox headset and with the XBOX ONE turtle beach headset I have.... As does my friends with xbox headsets and different turtle beach headsets.
  6. Itsghostboy18 Win User

Xbox 1 headset issue

Same but I'm not getting any sound though my headset but I can hear myself on Mic through my headset
Thema:

1. I can hear myself in my headset (Xbox Series S) - Similar Threads - hear myself headset

2. Hearing myself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hearing myself: I can hear myself through my headset but dont have the option to turn mic monitoring down because my controller adjust my headset volume on the dpad i dont know what to do about this...
  3. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  4. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5
  5. Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself: I am absolutely EXHAUSTED trying to find a solution, I've been trying for awhile now to have it so my stream can hear the people that I am playing with. I've looked in to the volume & audio output...
  6. Hi I dont hear anything in my headphones but myself what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I dont hear anything in my headphones but myself what do I do?: I don't hear anything but myself in my headphones what do I do? ddde26ca-958e-403d-b75a-35026ff9ec6c
  7. Hear myself on my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hear myself on my headset: Hi all, been having trouble with my headset. I can hear everything I say repeating back to me. No matter what I do with volumes, headset positions etc it is still the same. I have tried other...
  8. I can hear myself through my Xbox one headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear myself through my Xbox one headset.: This morning I fired up my Xbox One console to play with my friends, and then when I loaded in game, I could hear my friends, but I could also hear my own voice. And I am NOT talking about Echo....
  9. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset + Adapter - Possible to hear myself through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset + Adapter - Possible to hear myself through headset?: I recently bought the xbox one stereo headset and adapter ($90) from Gamestop. The sound quality coming from the game is good enough for me. However the headset cancels out so much outside noise...