I can hear but can’t be heard through chat

Discus and support I can hear but can’t be heard through chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when I plug in my working headset (I’ve tested it on my phone and computer) I can hear, but cannot be heard. I have power cycled my Xbox and tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConSouth, Jan 16, 2018.

1. ConSouth
    ConSouth Guest

when I plug in my working headset (I’ve tested it on my phone and computer) I can hear, but cannot be heard. I have power cycled my Xbox and tried different controllers and headsets and still nothing.

:)

ConSouth, Jan 16, 2018
  2. Party Chat Sound Problem

My headset works fine, it has sound and the mic works. Game chat works too but I can’t hear other party members in Party Chat but they can hear me

PancakeLord2002, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Wireless Ag9 Afterglow Headset Others Can’t Hear Me

My brand new wireless AG9 Afterglow headset can hear people and gameplay perfectly fine. But when I try speaking through the mic, others can’t hear me. This is happening in game chat and party chat, and I have muted and unmuted the mic multiple
    times. I have also tried restarting my Xbox multiple times. Can anybody help me?

ThisIsntMyWii, Jan 16, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Try removing your gamertag from the console. Then check your NAT type to make sure its open.

Power cycle the console and then restart and recover the gamertag back to see if that fixes the issue.

5. Geth Win User

Try removing your gamertag from the console. Then check your NAT type to make sure its open.

Power cycle the console and then restart and recover the gamertag back to see if that fixes the issue.
  6. trent childress Win User

Anyone have it where the mic connects but can’t talk out of it how do you fix that

I have a wireless mic that I can hear but can’t talk through and then I have a mic that I plug in and. I can talk through that so why can’t I talk through my wireless mic
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Headsets

When you say "nothing is heard", do you mean other players don't hear your voice through the microphone, or do you not hear anything yourself?

Do you want to hear party chat through your headset, or do you want to hear game sound as well as party chat?
  8. HazelTomkins Win User

I can’t hear my game sounds and Xbox notifications when I have a headset on but can hear and talk on party chat fine?

All sliders up to max and can’t hear Xbox notifications or pings but can hear and speak on game chat perfectly
  9. Boot#27501 Win User

I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?

Hello, my son can hear his friends but they can't hear him. I tried everything to fix this problem. Can I get some help?
Thema:

1. I can hear but can’t be heard through chat - Similar Threads - hear can’t heard

2. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  3. My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My son plays Fortnite with friends but today they can’t hear him. He can hear them.: My son plays Fortnite most days with friends and it alwasy works fine. Today his friends can’t hear him, but he can hear them. We have tried a different headset and have the same problem. We have...
  4. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  5. I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?: So I ran into a very specific issue with my party chat. So the initial issue was that when my console lost power via moving it or power going out etc when the console was turned back on it would...
  6. My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can hear his teammates but they can’t hear him?: We have Xbox one and playing fortnight, 1. I got new headphones ‘Turtle beach Recon’ and 2. enabled the voice chat with friends only 3. Enabled ‘Push on talk’ while configuring the Push on...
  7. Can’t hear or talk in game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t hear or talk in game chat: I’ve been playing the warzone 3 for a few days now no matter if I’m playing with my friends or solo I can’t talk or hear any proxy chat (which I don’t care about). I’ve tried using a different...
  8. Sometimes I can’t hear other people in the chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sometimes I can’t hear other people in the chat: I have a set of Bluetooth headphones. Every now and again, I cannot hear people in the chat, but they can hear me. I saw a video on YouTube, which told me to clear my Mac address, but it only...
  9. Xbox cloud can’t hear recorded game play ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud can’t hear recorded game play ?: playing Xbox cloud gaming on quest 2 .. when I am in a party chat with a friend who’s on Xbox , and I record our game play , I’ll go back and rewatch the recorded video butt there will be no audio...
  10. I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?: I got this Xbox one 3 days ago and the voice chaye worked perfectly fine until today at first I couldn’t be heard but I fixed it. Then later on I couldn’t be heard at all I reset my counsel and...